JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Personally, I think there should also be some sort of entertainment in addition to speeches. It should be something like a 2A festival with vendor booths with cool gear, music, FOOD, outreach organizations (like the PURPLE Ladies, OFF, even Pink-Pistols), balloons, face-painting... but no clowns, clowns are creepy. :rolleyes:

If you make this event fun, entertaining, and more appealing so that it's "hip to be into guns" they will come. Who wants to stand in the cold for three hours and watch and listen to a bunch of pissed off old farts with bad hair-do's ranting and blowing up because of their frustrations over being disenfranchised? ;)

I know there are skilled and talented people on this forum, if only they'd throw some ideas out there together over a beer and/or a burger and get organized.... If only.

I came to this thread hoping SOMEONE would actually look up the GRAA people that were left in charge in WA state that put this travesty together.

I should have known better.

Seriously guys. Don't one of you have the gumption to actually look it up after 4 pages?

Okay, first off, the group that organized it was https://www.facebook.com/GunRightsAcrossAmericaWAState/info

They had the permit for the event.

I suppose we could look up the permit and look up the person's name that filed it.

But here's the thing
So I went to the website on facebook and tried to find a list of officials.... none there.
I then went to the GRAA website itself and looked for names of officials. There are none listed. just email addresses that go to drop boxes without any actual person's name attached to them.

Is noone actually a little suspicious when the people running this event aren't listing their names?

I'm wondering if this might be part of a Bloomberg plan to discredit gun owners by arranging for fat idiots and unreasonable bible thumpers appear to be the leaders.

I'd suggest that what's needed is the following.

1. We need to stop letting groups like this be the face of gun owners and letting fly by night speakers run things.
2. We need to put a professional and strong face on gun owners by organizing like a rota and holding rally's with a professional appearance and air to it.
3. We need to get organized for a change. We need to stop being so into independence from each other that we let our rights get hijacked away by not speaking as a tightly organized group. The military has the right of it, individually a task is too big, as a team we can crush our opponents. Yeah, I don't like the idea of having to schedule meetings and take notes and have forums... but damn it all we're getting made to look like fools out there.

To this end I think we need to look at uniting gun owners as a group.

Our dads and grandads used to belong to groups like the "elks" or other clubs that helped them organize and work as a team on getting things done. That's what gun owners need to do today.

The NRA is a for profit business... it's not going to do anything like this... But imagine if we started getting gun owners together statewide in chapters and start inviting senators and reps, and mayors, and they start seeing that gun owners aren't just out there, that they can organize and work together as an organized group that is capable of putting voting blocks together... or sinking careers if you oppose gun owners.

We're all proud of being independant here... and I know a lot of people here don't like the idea of joining a "group" but as individuals we're getting consistently assaulted by the gun grabbers, and being marginalized by the media.

We need to stop letting people do batbubblegum stupid things like having a fat elvis impersonator represent us.

This is a perfect example of the problem. It should be apparent to even the weakest mind (from the overall tone of this thread) that the VAST majority of even gun people feel religion should be left out of the rallies. Yet, with a sense of self important superiority that seems to be a common thing with the people that feel the need to always shout their religious beliefs, some people in the tiny minority think they should get their way and that if they aren't coddled they are somehow being oppressed. In this aspect religious people are no better than the gun-grabbers. They blindly follow their indoctrination despite the wishes of those around them. It is their way or the highway.

My goodness, talk about self important superiority. I hate religion and want it removed from my 2nd amendment political rallies. This is America, you have no right to not be offended. Suck it up cupcake. If you hate religion so much, stick to the demoKKKrats political events. They removed God from their platform, I can guarantee you won't be offended by religion there. They hate all religions, well except for Islam. But hey, that's the religion of peace. Its not like they'll lop your head off or anything,,,

I don't have a dog in the fight. I was raised religious, but have not been in a church in over 20 years, except for a funeral or two.

Personally, I think there should also be some sort of entertainment in addition to speeches. It should be something like a 2A festival with vendor booths with cool gear, music, FOOD, outreach organizations (like the PURPLE Ladies, OFF, even Pink-Pistols), balloons, face-painting... but no clowns, clowns are creepy. :rolleyes:

If you make this event fun, entertaining, and more appealing so that it's "hip to be into guns" they will come. Who wants to stand in the cold for three hours and watch and listen to a bunch of pissed off old farts with bad hair-do's ranting and blowing up because of their frustrations over being disenfranchised? ;)

I know there are skilled and talented people on this forum, if only they'd throw some ideas out there together over a beer and/or a burger and get organized.... If only.

Heck, let's just make it a gun show. With beanie babies, jewelry, and some beef jerky,,,

My goodness, talk about self important superiority. I hate religion and want it removed from my 2nd amendment political rallies. This is America, you have no right to not be offended. Suck it up cupcake. If you hate religion so much, stick to the demoKKKrats political events. They removed God from their platform, I can guarantee you won't be offended by religion there. They hate all religions, well except for Islam. But hey, that's the religion of peace. Its not like they'll lop your head off or anything,,,

I don't have a dog in the fight. I was raised religious, but have not been in a church in over 20 years, except for a funeral or two.
I love when you guys use ignorance, hate, and backwards logic to prove exactly what I just said. You really do make my job much easier and show the people in the middle how ridiculous your side can be.

Heck, let's just make it a gun show. With beanie babies, jewelry, and some beef jerky,,,

MMMMMmmm.... Beef Jerky

I think thou misseth mine point, good sir.

People are as people do. People generally have families and lives with all the stress that goes with it. Why not make it more appealing to families, and a broader range of the citizenry. Who really wants to spend what free time they have at a half-cocked rally getting only more frustrated, except us "old soldiers" who've crawled through freezing mud and have learned to put up with mental and physical discomfort?

There's a reason why less than 1% of the citizenry have served in our armed forces... It's a PITA!!! We need numbers on our side to win this thing, and I don't give an F if it's the Stay-Pufft Marshmallow Man so long as he's counted. It's called adapting your tactics to the environment... It's mentioned in, "The Art of War". Let's be skilled artists and victorious, not inflexible and ultimately defeated.

Thank you for making my point better than I could. Of course you know better.

Now that is bull crap. The majority does not comment here at NWFA. The majority didn't show up for the rallies and the majority of gun owners are not even joined up with the NRA, OFF or other organizations. The majority are silent for the most part.

Father of Four: this is the guy who was going on the rant about spirit visions of giant angels as far as he could see (yes that is a giant Super-Villain Stripe in his hair)... out of the picture was a giant confederate flag:
this-guy1.jpg

why don't we stand up in the middle of your kids' graduation and start delivering a lengthy Turn-or-Burn Fire & Brimstone Sermon because if we're Christians everything has to be about God right? and if you try to stop my fire & brimstone sermon you are of the devil, right? Oh wait, you could keep your faith and also think that the dude forcing a sermon is an A-Hole and needs to sit down and shut up.

we're not talking about someone mentioning that they personally believe in God or Jesus... we're talking about a fat guy with elvis hair ranting about "Visions of angels as tall as telephone poles on I-5 as far as the eye could see" and a bunch of other malarkey that most christians would want to distance themselves from. even christians hate it when the Jehovah's Witnesses or Mormons just won't give them some peace and that's all we're asking.... don't hijack a 2a rally with a westboro baptist style sermon.

before seeing and hearing these wackos first hand i didn't really grasp what was going on and wasn't in complete agreement with "PBP/YM" but after seeing that fruitcake up on the steps i now clearly see where he's coming from. what i saw was absolutely inappropriate.

this-guy1.jpg

I have very often wondered why WE ( forum members ) don't organize, pool resources, and kick some bubbleguming ***. Why can't we put on these events ? This forum is great, don't get me wrong, I just believe we could be much more. Reps in Olympia and Salem should know who we are, that we are watching, and that we will work very hard to remove them if they try to trample on our constitutionally protected civil rights. We already communicate, we just need to organize.

As for the thread topic... Sounds like an interesting spokesman for the cause. I personally don't have a problem with a brief prayer to start things off but visions, preaching ?

Save it for Sunday service, this is a damn gun rally.

Reminds me of a story my dad once told me. He has always been into guns. When he first got married he took his Mexican American wife to a gun show at Cal Expo in Sacramento. This was prior to California's nanny state current landscape.

I digress..

What did this very new to guns, first time gun show participant take away from the event ?

A group of men, walking around in full Nazi uniform, marching around the show with a giant nazi flag. She talks about it to this day.

We need to be very aware of the message we are sending. It's not time to fly the stars and bars at the state Capitol.

Yet.

:D

Father of Four: this is the guy who was going on the rant about spirit visions of giant angels as far as he could see (yes that is a giant Super-Villain Stripe in his hair)... out of the picture was a giant confederate flag:
View attachment 77145

why don't we stand up in the middle of your kids' graduation and start delivering a lengthy Turn-or-Burn Fire & Brimstone Sermon because if we're Christians everything has to be about God right? and if you try to stop my fire & brimstone sermon you are of the devil, right? Oh wait, you could keep your faith and also think that the dude forcing a sermon is an A-Hole and needs to sit down and shut up.

we're not talking about someone mentioning that they personally believe in God or Jesus... we're talking about a fat guy with elvis hair ranting about "Visions of angels as tall as telephone poles on I-5 as far as the eye could see" and a bunch of other malarkey that most christians would want to distance themselves from. even christians hate it when the Jehovah's Witnesses or Mormons just won't give them some peace and that's all we're asking.... don't hijack a 2a rally with a westboro baptist style sermon.

I understand what you are saying and I can respect that.

No gun owning Athiests would complain (much) if the odd, "God bless America" or "Thank God the Libs haven't got complete control yet" were said here and there. Even a brief prayer by a pro gun religious group like "Nuns with Guns" ( doesn't exist lol ) would be o.k. as long as they stayed on topic with 2A rights in a sensible way after.

The organizers however who vetted or didn't vet the speakers, screwed up, and YES they should be vetted!, with another hit to our 2nd amendment rights looming on the horizon, too much is at stake for off topic distractions like Rebel flags and Reverend Elvis. How the local media didn't get footage of these two images and make that the focus of the event only God knows!

I didn't watch the game and had time and means to show up at the rally but would of had to bring my young kids. Frankly I didn't think it a good idea with all the squabbling, name calling and threatening tones that go on here and other sites in the gun community. Maybe if they were older I don't know.

Anyway my point is we don't need to TOTALLY restrict our beliefs at these events but just tone it down a few notches and remember what your'e there for. Keeping the Govt. away from our gun rights, right?

If enough people show up to defend the 2nd amendment, I dont care about some Christianity filtering in.. I think the numbers in turnout are far more important.
If we clogged the streets for blocks in all directions it will send the right message. A variety of speakers makes no difference. If someone doesnt want to listen to another persons topic its easy to just ignore them. As long as no libturd starts ranting, and that would be a bit suicidal or masochistic on their part, so doubt that would happen. Numbers and massive turnout is far more important than any of the rest of it.

I have very often wondered why WE ( forum members ) don't organize, pool resources, and kick some bubbleguming ***. Why can't we put on these events ? This forum is great, don't get me wrong, I just believe we could be much more. Reps in Olympia and Salem should know who we are, that we are watching, and that we will work very hard to remove them if they try to trample on our constitutionally protected civil rights. We already communicate, we just need to organize.

:D

That would be a constructive use of this forum indeed!

That would be a constructive use of this forum indeed!

i saw the banner ad for the event on this forum....so... i thought the forum sponsored/organized the event. hence this post wherein i seriously questioned the choice of speakers etc. :huh: all this time i've been waiting for Elvis to come into this thread and challenge me to a duel or some such. :eek:

so, why doesn't nwfa put together a PAC, rally, event etc for gun rights?

I dont care about some Christianity filtering in.. I think the numbers in turnout are far more important.
If we clogged the streets for blocks in all directions it will send the right message..... Numbers and massive turnout is far more important than any of the rest of it.

Yes and no. someone identifying a personal religious affiliation is tolerable.
but seriously Elvis-Spirit-Vision and lengthy sermons send the wrong message entirely. and, Elvis spouting off about Giant-Angel-Spirit-Visions will alienate a lot of christians AND paint us all as tinfoil-hatters.

earth to all, there are liberal/progressives who also support 2a.... nobody seems to ever believe this but it's a fact and if 2a groups accepted this fact our ranks would grow.

No gun owning Athiests would complain (much) if the odd, "God bless America" or "Thank God the Libs haven't got complete control yet" were said here and there. Even a brief prayer by a pro gun religious group like "Nuns with Guns" ( doesn't exist lol ) would be o.k. as long as they stayed on topic with 2A rights in a sensible way after.

Truth

I didn't watch the game and had time and means to show up at the rally but would of had to bring my young kids. Frankly I didn't think it a good idea with all the squabbling, name calling and threatening tones that go on here and other sites in the gun community. Maybe if they were older I don't know.
so you didn't go because of what a small fraction of people said on the internet ?.....you choice but next time rest assured no one made a scene, you would have though by reading this though that there was about a rumble, not even close. That square was the safest place in Oregon

Anyway my point is we don't need to TOTALLY restrict our beliefs at these events but just tone it down a few notches and remember what your'e there for. Keeping the Govt. away from our gun rights, right?

Right

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top