JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
as far as running up there and booing someone off the steps "face to face" i don't think that it's a good idea to spark an aggressive confrontation at an armed, peaceful rally. since you laid down the gauntlet in challenge i will speak so long as you do. when is the next rally? [/B]

I didn't say anything about an aggressive confrontation, I said tell anyone who was offending you what you thought about what they were doing instead of coming here and trying to make your feelings justified. When I have an issue I go to the source, that way they may rethink their actions or you might give someone something to think about, ore you might get something to think about......if I thought you needed to have an aggressive confrontation I would have said you needed to walk up to fat Elvis or the guy with the sign and kick his azz, no talking required for that

March 8th is the next rally, I actually thought about it as I am outspoken and am encouraged by others in my circle to do it without your prodding me.....but I probably won't because I would be preaching to the choir, that's my biggest problem about the speakers....I like to debate, confront and argue with the opponents not preach to the choir

But you should go for it , unless you needed me to hold your hand ? I'll do it if you do, ok but you first lol
Try to not repeat anything we all might know or have said because it is redundant and boring, Thanks

Actually brother, I was an Infantry Drill Sgt. for 3yrs. (the normal tour is/was 2yrs.) and can melt your face with my snarl alone, if I chose to...

HOWEVER, that being said, don't confuse being polite and not wanting to publicly humiliate a person in front of hundreds (perhaps thousands) with being an "armchair puzzy". I wanted to walk up and beatch-slap that obnoxious old guy who talked over the first MC with the Pledge of Alleigence... Rude azz-hole!

I showed much restraint, and practiced many a face-palm!! ;)

Stand by Sgt, I come from an entire family of Marines, but my dad was in the Army his two brothers were DI and bad men so I have been down that trail. I got hung up in woods work or I would be there too, I am not a pushover brother.....I didn't say anything about humiliation, or beat downs.
I simply meant to let someone know what they thought, if it bothers them bad enough to write others about it publicly humiliating them in a worse way then in front of hundreds in person, but by the thousands online anonymously. There are discreet ways to let someone know what you think without making a scene, if the receiving party decides to escalate it then better be able to back it up, that is where most loud peoples courage ends. I never mistake kindness for weakness and I never assume victory because I have had my azz kicked, you live to fight another day.....I hope you aren't playing with me about the brother comment because your one of my favorite like minded internet folks theeper

Really bonehead you think biker should not be a rally's. Your a bigoted narrow minded porcine creature.
I am a biker. I earned my title on the roads of america. Dirt roads, city roads, mountain pass so black at night headlights were near useless. I am a biker and proud to be one.

"Marketing wise, separating 2A and pro gun perspectives from religion and conservatism would be very beneficial."
Lets just separate your heart from your body and see if it lives. You can not remove faith and conservative values because you are a godless creature seeking only the parts of the constitution that suit you views. To do so you condemn the whole body to failure.
right on, when my dad got out of the Army he was patched to an MC , which I was born into, real bikers are some of the most patriotic , straight shooting , loyal and loving people I have ever known I am proud to stand next to them and was disappointed they didn't make the showing they made last year

I hope you aren't playing with me about the brother comment because your one of my favorite like minded internet folks theeper

Nope, not playin'..... Brothers In Arms (as it were), just making a point. :s0155:

Keep in mind though, that if one is going to put themself "out there", one should be prepared for criticisms valid or not. C'mon, you have to admit that although (I believe) Elvis' heart was in the right place, donated some of his prized possessions to raffle off to help cover the rally expenses, he didn't "walk/talk circumspectly" and failed (not utterly) to effectively further the 2A cause.

If you're into being an Elvis impersonator, "advertising" Confederate Sons which can EASILY be used against him (and us by association), being a Chaplain and having visions from God (BTW- which were meant for him, and should be kept to himself) then fine... BUT you're painting a HUGE bullseye on your back and giving "ammo" to the anti's who already try to broad-brush 2A advocates as violent, delusional mopes who should be locked away.

It's called being a stumbling-block, and it ain't right. It's just foolishness, and I don't suffer the foolishness of fools easily... ESPECIALLY when it can affect my freedoms.

No idea who planned this event, and I wasn't able to attend, but as with most things, the final result will somewhat reflect the tastes/perspective of the organizers, or, the people who did all the work.
Some here have good ideas for a future rally. Perhaps they would like to take on the responsibility of putting it on?

No idea who planned this event, and I wasn't able to attend, but as with most things, the final result will somewhat reflect the tastes/perspective of the organizers, or, the people who did all the work.
Some here have good ideas for a future rally. Perhaps they would like to take on the responsibility of putting it on?

I'm not qualified to organize/run an event but i could say a few timely words.

...I said tell anyone who was offending you what you thought about what they were doing instead of coming here and trying to make your feelings justified....
But you should go for it , unless you needed me to hold your hand ? I'll do it if you do, ok but you first lol

Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him (Proverbs 26:4)

not that i'm very religious but a grown man in his "mature years" behaving in such a manner is likely beyond all hope for me to reason with. unless he was a troll or plant, the man really believed that what he said and did was what needed to be done and any voices to the contrary would have been shunned with great prejudice.

also, an individual with unkempt/outlandish appearance hair going on tangents rivaling those of a mentally ill homeless man is not someone with which it is usually constructive to enter in a debate with. i suppose i may have pegged him wrong but if the cover of the book says "Girls! Girls! Girls!" and features ladies of the evening in compromising poses forgive me for guessing what's inside ;)

yeah, i'll say a few words at the next event if i'm wanted....

so, is this speech geared toward the rally members or is it a PSA to the community and lawmakers??? defining the audience is crucial.

Several statements about "The rally Organizers" and "Who planned this thing". I have a serious question: Is there an official organizer of this event, or an official planner?

Where could I look up the list of speakers, agenda, and other things for this event? I couldn't because it was not planned. Hard to commit to an event when there is no official organization, agenda, schedule, or whatever ....

C'mon, you have to admit that although (I believe) Elvis' heart was in the right place, donated some of his prized possessions to raffle off to help cover the rally expenses, he didn't "walk/talk circumspectly" and failed (not utterly) to effectively further the 2A cause.

yes sir I do admit that, I tuned a bunch out to be honest....I didn't even realize someone was talking over the Pledge of Allegiance. I don't listen to Elvis because he doesn't make it past my sniff test and I think he is a weirdo not worth my time. Definitely don't think he is our spokesman, we don't have one of those as far as I can tell, I wouldn't follow him to the corner store
I do want to make a difference though, I am skilled and trained in ICS and I know that ICS can help organize a thing like this......thought about offering to help but I'm shy lol ...respect Devildog and thanks for the food for thought

I'm not qualified to organize/run an event but i could say a few timely words.

There is an old saying which regardless of its religious overtone is, I believe applicable wherever you receive your inspiration from...
"God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called".
In other words, where there's a will, there's a way. The value of your purpose should drive you. Organizing a group get together is not a technical operation. The only tools required are, a calendar, a phone, email, and access to social media.
I doubt there is any person posting on this thread who is incapable of organizing such an event.
I encourage you to give it a try. You may surprise yourself, or discover that your purpose wasn't as important to you as you first thought.

I will add to this discussion, that while many are not welcoming of the religious perspective of our rights, all pro 2A sides are needed to win/protect these precious rights. Separate, we will fail. Instead, tolerate each others differences and embrace shared ideologies. The other side loves to see us at odds over non related details.

that's cool and you must be proud as hell that he marches to the beat of his own drum, too many folks go against how they truly feel just to please others, especially their Dad.....sounds like you raised a good one

I will add to this discussion, that while many are not welcoming of the religious perspective of our rights, all pro 2A sides are needed to win/protect these precious rights. Separate, we will fail. Instead, tolerate each others differences and embrace shared ideologies. The other side loves to see us at odds over non related details.

before going to a rally i'd heard others say "i wish they didn't bring up religion at 2a rallys" etc and i was almost offended.... until i actually witnessed what was going on first hand.

this isn't about "no God allowed" it's about not coming across like the Westboro Baptist Church. when i walked up to the rally (a little late) i saw "Elvis" talking about angels the size of telephone poles and a bunch of other out-there stuff. with the hair, his physical condition, mannerism, attire and speech he really looked like a fruitcake and i almost left immediately.

"God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called".

that may be true but "Competence Equals Confidence." Last Sunday was the first rally i'd ever been to. as such, i will speak at the next event if i'm wanted. after speaking, we'll see if my strategy/message resonates with attendees and the media and then we'll be able to make informed decisions regarding a possible roles i may play.

also worth noting: this entire thread is (besides a rant) a trial balloon to see how people felt about the look/feel of the last event and it seems that most people agree that the overall presentation did not do the best job of presenting our views on 2a in a reasonable way.

That goes both ways. This rally isn't about religion so how about the religious people respect the rights of those that don't want to hear their sermon?

I don't listen to Elvis because he doesn't make it past my sniff test and
I think he is a weirdo not worth my time.

Elvis was featured on KATU News @ 11 when they showed footage of the rally. that's my point, that's most people's reaction to him and if he's up there speaking for the group then people assume that 2a supporters are weirdos not worth their time.

thankfully the man that was featured on the interview was there with wife and kids and was well-spoken and seemed like a good honest family man.

I realize that, I also realize the media and our opponents will make anyone look bad so if it wasn't him it would be someone else in their crosshairs , he was just easy.......and he may have been given to ok due to the lack of choices. Maybe if you do speak they will drop him, he was just as strange last year......at least the bar wasn't set that high for ya, I have read your book cover to cover twice and you have wisdom beyond mine

During my Army days I served alongside troops that came from a DIVERSE background. We had KKK-type rednecks, we had "disco/preppy", we had inner-city Michael Jackson-hip-hop-fresh prince, we had "stoner-rocker's", and even (suspected) "alternative life-style" types.

They were always sticking to their own "peer groups", poking fun at, and even (at times) outright fighting with each other in our "off time", BUT when we were "on mission" that sheite disappeared and it was "Brothers in Arms" time...and DAM it was a thing to behold!!!

KKK-redneck covering Fresh Prince's back, and vice-versa.

I guess my point is, there is a time, place, and manner for "I gotta be me" and looking down your nose at another sub-culture group who has a common interest as you is foolish! Remember, you may be just as abhorrent to the Pink-Pistols with your stories of 30' angles lining the highway, as their life-choices are to you. In the end you all lose, and the only thing you'll have in common is being subject to slavery.

I personally welcome any group (except NAMBLA types) that will support the 2A. The key to our success as a diverse group with a common cause is to treat others as you want to be treated, and practice chaste behavior whilst in a public forum, because it isn't about just YOU!

If you're an old fart who gets nauseous over gay folk, GET OVER IT!! If you're a hard-core liberal who can't stand camo-wearing neck-beard wearing knuckle-draggers, GET OVER IT!!

GET ON MISSION AND KICK ARSE TOGETHER!!. Then go back to the shelter of your sub-culture and enjoy your life... IN FREEDOM!!

That goes both ways. This rally isn't about religion so how about the religious people respect the rights of those that don't want to hear their sermon?

You know you have successfully conformed God into your own image, when he hates all the same people you do.

Jesus wouldn't have shown up to a pro 2A rally, and even if he did, he wouldn't have said, "yeah, listen to Fat Elvis, that's what I want". Neither would Ghandi or Buddha or Mohammed. Frankly, I really don't care where the Pope lands on this subject either. Those guys all drew crowds of people to hear what they had to say, they didn't have to hijack other events to get their message out. I think his tactics are poor, but I respect Fat Elvis' free speech. I think there is a consensus that none of us want him representing mainstream 2A folks and that we can do better.

I don't think there is anything wrong with an opening in prayer, those in attendance can choose not to participate, and be respectful about it. I've don't that in certain settings, with people who have had differing beliefs than mine, no biggie. If they started turning it into a religious gathering, at that point, I would have been put off by their exclusive behavior.

I think we honor our country and our vets with the Pledge of Allegiance and the National Anthem, I tend to be offended by the (mainly young folks) that don't stand, place their hand over their hearts or remove their hats at that time. I believe it is our role to preserve our national heritage and culture, and to do so in the most inclusive, respectful and winsome way possible.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top