JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Who doesn't carry while fishing?o_O
I carry if I'm awake. The activities of the day are not considered.

^. This, pretty much. Unless I cannot legally carry somewhere then, well, pretty much I do. It has been a while since I have gone fishing, though my wife has more often, and I would like to try my hand at squid fishing some day, but I do carry whilst out in the hinterland hiking or the like. :)

Depending on the weather when I fish, I wear a coat, flannel jacket or light denim shirt un-tucked to conceal a holstered sidearm. I've had my fishing license checked by a warden before (my entire family in fact) and was glad I had the shirt over my wep because of the sign where we parked "No Firearms Beyond This Point" or some such nonsense.

As in Stomper's anecdote above, I find the woods are full of oxygen bandits who prefer to operate in remote areas for various reasons (no witnesses, unattended vehicles, scarcity of law enforcement, easily abandoned meth stoves, etc., etc.). So removing a concealing shirt as they approach might be a fair visual indication that I'm not the helpless victim they might've first imagined from 100 yards away.

Soon we'll all be criminals and/or victims anyway, so I believe there might come a newfound intuition, in many situations, for strangers to leave each other the f__ alone.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads