JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

I carry, and once while fishing at Carver park I even nonchalantly took my jacket off while bank fishing so a bunch of twenty somethings that were frickin' around like arseholes (and slowly making their way towards me) could see it... I kept fishing like I didn't have a care in the world, and strangely they quickly veered back into the parking lot and left the scene.

I suppose that would SORTA count as a DGU, since I saw what was coming and in a civil manner persuaded them to make "other choices". An armed society is a polite society, says I. ;)

Last Edited:
I carry, I'n my neck of the woods, we have serious predators, and the best defence is being prepared! While fly fishing recently, I was confronted by a couple of big bad dudes who didnt like me fishing their patch, and they sure changed their tune when I "Accidently" uncoverd a holsterd 1911 in condition 1!
Then there's fishing in Alaska, you HAVE to carry up there, and a .44 is considered the minimum!

8D41D0DB-2683-4FA1-989D-D280815DD05A.jpeg We even carry while offshore on the boats.......mostly a shotgun that works well on sharks and can shoot a flare. We run across a fair number of rattlesnakes fishing streams here in Idaho, my 45/410 American derringer or m629 with Shot shells are both effective.

Last Edited:
We even carry while offshore on the boats.......mostly a shotgun that works well on sharks and can shoot a flare. We run across a fair number of rattlesnakes fishing streams here in Idaho, my 45/410 American derringer or m629 with Shot shells are both effective.

You ever eat those rattlers? They do quite well on the grill.

I carry, and once while fishing at Carver park I even nonchalantly took my jacket off while bank fishing so a bunch twenty somethings that were frickin' around like arseholes (and slowly making their way towards me) could see it... I kept fishing like I didn't have a care in the world, and strangely they quickly veered back into the parking lot and left the scene.

I suppose that would SORTA count as a DGU, since I saw what was coming and in a civil manner persuaded them to make "other choices". An armed society is a polite society, says I. ;)

Yet another OC example from the naked city why OC works as a deterrent!

I dress appropriately, don't slouch like raise, and OC 99+% of the time only experienced a problem once with a scofflaw as I sat in my car, that issue cleared up rather quickly as I exited the vehicle firearm drawn aiming at said scofflaw, from the look in their eyes and expression on their face, I truly believe they immediately realized the error of their way!

Last Edited:
The only place i don't carry is work, as federal law prohibits it, but would if what I do didn't face as much state and potential federal oversight as it currently does.
Frequently I use public transport. I'm not sure that anyone else here noticed, but after those folks got cut up at the max stop, they took all of their "no weapons" signs off of all of their property, including buses and trains.

I'm conflicted as fishing is normally game on for beer drinking (6:00 AM, still 5:00 PM somewhere, LOL). Usually have a gun in the boat but not on person. If I know I'm going to be drinking I normally accept the risks and do not carry.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top