JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
... Mt boss got a bill in the mail from the city for $800 to pay for them. He sent the city a letter telling them to fix the homeless issue and then he would be willing to pay for them if issues continue. ...

WTF? It isn't like taxes already pay for cops and now they start billing for unarmed security? You'd think they'd have to pass an ordinance or something.

I do. I own my own business and used to host CC classes for an instructor that has since moved away. Never charged him to use my facility but had a deal where any of my EE's or their immediate family could take the class for free. Have had a deal every few yrs for Blueline pricing for Glocks for my staff. Heck in 2013 the first yr with the Glock deal I bought them each a Glock for the holidays (5 staff then). We now have 9 staff and I know 4 carry daily including me.

Last company team building exercise we cut out early on a Thursday and went to the indoor "Shooting Gallery" at Ritchs Gun Shop in Donald, OR . Shot their .22's at the moving old fashion steel targets. Even our part-time bookkeeper, not a regular gun person, joined in.

I am a member of a small business association that has lots of functions, meetings etc. in downtown Portland. 1/2 of those I dress in slacks, button down shirt etc. but still carry on me. I either have a laptop backpack or a nice messenger bag with a 14x11 IIIA soft body armor in it. This one:
Backpack Armor - Spartan Armor Systems™ Flex Fused Core™ IIIA Soft Armor Panel 11" x 14"

The vast majority would freak out if they knew a gun was in the room but, the key thing of concealed is concealed.

Me. I was the Lone Ranger for a long time. There was never a policy against it. We get sent all over 2 states, not knowing a lot of the areas well that we work in. When my boss found out about me he started to pitch a fit but he relented when I mentioned the sketchy places he sends us. Since then there are at least 4 others, including office staff. And the boss had me put an ar together for him last year, and most everyone comes to me for info and advice. To paraphrase Jesus, hopefully not to be blasphemous, if you've seen me, you've seen my side arm.

WTF? It isn't like taxes already pay for cops and now they start billing for unarmed security? You'd think they'd have to pass an ordinance or something.
It's through the east side industrial council I believe, just some bull crap government thing. He also has to pay I think $900/year because there's a clean up crew that drives around and cleans up after all the homeless but does nothing to remove or help them get out of their situation, whatever it may be

It's through the east side industrial council I believe, just some bull crap government thing. He also has to pay I think $900/year because there's a clean up crew that drives around and cleans up after all the homeless but does nothing to remove or help them get out of their situation, whatever it may be

Wow -- that's messed up.

I'm lucky I work in the industry I do and in a company with a great pro 2A, conservative culture. Not only do several of us carry for our job but nearly every one has several personal firearms in their office as well. Let's just say we don't worry much about work place shootings... they'd be gone before they entered the front door.

It smacks of a protection racket....

At my work its forbidden. I have personally seen 2 members of management and at least 4 rank and file packing. Personally I do not. But should I decide to I would have plenty of co defendants should someone raise a stink. Including the guy most likely to be charged with firing me LOL.

Sigh.

As stated before if I'm awake I'm carrying. Work, weekends, post office, doesn't matter. Concealed is concealed. I will say, my boss encourages it so there's always that.

If this is in the CEIC area then you are simply incorrect.

At my work its forbidden. I have personally seen 2 members of management and at least 4 rank and file packing. Personally I do not. But should I decide to I would have plenty of co defendants should someone raise a stink. Including the guy most likely to be charged with firing me LOL.

As my Father would have said, "We don't talk about that."

And when he said it, you didn't.

Too many people worried about losing their jobs, not enough people worried about losing their life .
What are the chances that I will have to use my firearm to defend my life at work, at my desk, in a low-crime area with a police response of a minute versus the chance that something might happen and my firearm would be discovered and I would be terminated immediately and lose my livelihood and my retirement?

The math is not supporting your accusation.

One day cops showed up at work, a lot of them.
After a bit a rig pulled in and they jumped the guy and hauled him out along with an AK.

Seems he was at the truck stop being loud and erratic saying the shop had ripped him off and he was going back and shoot everyone.

Next day at work there were more than a few that had guns on them instead of in the car.
No one says they are armed and if it is seen no one pays attention to it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top