JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I do not. I work in our corporate headquarters and firearms are not allowed in company buildings or vehicles and being caught with one would be instant termination. In fact, I would be the guy they call to walk you out to your car with your box of personal items.

I wear dress slacks, dress shirt, and tie. No way to conceal a handgun even if I wanted to. I have my pistol in my personal vehicle out in the parking lot where it is secured and "legal" per company regulations.

Every so often I see someone mention that they have a firearm with them at work and wonder what the circumstances are; are they defying their company policy? Or is it OK?

Just wondering how many folks actually get to carry at their job that aren't LEOs or military. Seems like there would be very few places that actually would allow employees to carry these days.

I would also say its best not to tell...

If its "okay" with company policy , then the old saw of concealed means concealed goes into effect...if you can open carry at work , then...no need to say that you are carrying...as it should be obvious.

If its against company policy...then its best not to tell...
Its a small world and nothing is secret very long if one blabs on the internet.
Andy

Where I work, firearms are forbidden but everyone knows there's one in everyone's car. Gun stickers everywhere, people always talking about them... Nobody owns up to it, though. Probably the only time it'd come up is if they wanted an easy way to fire you without having to wrestle with the union

I do. No problem talking about it at work. Earlier this year all but 1 guy went shooting together. My boss talks to me about his need to get his chl. He even had me clean his guns that given to him by his grandpa and uncle after they were in storage for over 10 years. I work in a small independent automotive shop in SE portland and have about 10- 20 different homeless camps in a few block radius of work.
Recently unarmed security guards started walking around the neighborhood because of all the violence and smash and grabs. Mt boss got a bill in the mail from the city for $800 to pay for them. He sent the city a letter telling them to fix the homeless issue and then he would be willing to pay for them if issues continue. He also said he allows his employees to support their 2a rights any way they like

Always have, always will. Current employer says no. They would fire anyone found. In car is fine with them for now. There is no such thing as mode of dress that does not allow carry. Unless maybe you go to work in a G-string.
Normally the only people who get in "trouble" for carry at work just can't help not showing others at work. I have no doubt at least a few others carry where I work. None feel the need to show others. If something ever happens we will not be the ones hiding in a corner waiting to be shot though. Will be out of a job if we take out the shooter. That sucks but I was looking for a job when I found this one too. <shrug>

I do. I'm the head of the Oregon-based operation, but my boss back east is aware that I carry, and endorses said. He also carries over yonder and we've talked about it on more than one occasion. I honestly don't know if others carry in different locations of this operation. The owner is a lifelong fan of Walthers and recommended for the office gun be one; I complied with this suggestion. There is a 9㎜ Parabellum secured under my desk for quick access in addition to whatever small automatic I am carrying on my person that day.

The crime rate in this county is higher than the national average, with property and drug crime leading the problems. On at least two occasions an unauthorized person gained access to the building and both times I confronted said individuals. Fortunately, I was able to talk them into leaving and not causing any further trouble. One was so high, he was incoherent, so I had my doubts it would work, but luckily it did. If they opted to harm me or another person at the location, the aforementioned pistol would have been employed. On a third occasion, unauthorized individuals were conducting business in our parking lot that I had strong reason to believe was of an illegal nature. Fortunately, the police arrived quickly enough that the issue was resolved without further intervention by yours-truly.

If my employment situation ever changed in which I was required to not carry, I would be in a tight spot having to juggle physical defense with the financial security of my family. Candidly, I would probably carry and just keep my mouth shut about that fact. To each their own.

No can carry at work! Not even a pocket knife! Safe zone… giggle. yea-right.

Where I used to teach...I would occasionally catch some flack for carrying a pocket knife...that is until I cut free a student who while having a seizure was tangled up in , and being choked by a seat belt...
That ended the "Why do you carry a knife ..?" questions.

At my new school , no one bats an eye at my carrying of a knife...
Andy

The Walther I mentioned in the post above:

270254-f94d730797b3969afc51be564003a952.jpg

(This past month I was cleaning out a filing cabinet and encountered the 3—4 loaded spare magazines placed there some years back. "Light filing" of a different variety. :s0112:)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top