JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I been kicking around this wildcat idea for way too long, time to build it. Once I get the reamer cut I'll need someone to work the barrel.

A good while back I read of a smith in WA or Oregon that turns down barrels slowly so he doesn't weaken the steel. Sounds good to me. Any idea who this is?

Thanks

I can highly recommend Jim Dubell at Delta Gun Shop in Colville, WA. He's a custom gun maker and has facilities for making barrels. His prices are also reasonable.

<broken link removed>

Jim put a .357 liner in the original tapered octagon barrel of my original 1880 Remington rolling block model #1 sporter. That allowed us to save the original barrel and chamber it for .357 Mag. Jim had the facilities to rebore my barrel for something like .45-70, but I wanted to keep it the original .38 caliber, and I wanted a cartridge I could walk into any sporting goods or variety store and buy. Jim did the complete restore on the gun, from converting from rimfire to rechambering, barrel liner and heat treating, to metal and wood finishing.

RBRifle_36d.jpg

RBRifle_38d.jpg

RBRifle_41d.jpg

RBRifle_42d.jpg

RBRifle_45d.jpg

RBRifle_48d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's impressive work Zeke.

I would never hesitate to recommend Jim. This piece had been through a fire. It had no finish on the metal, the forearm was gone, the butt stock was scorched, and the barrel looked like a sewer pipe inside, with barely visible rifling. The old girl has been resurrected and shoots like a dream.

I had oregunsmithing in pendelton do a drill and twist for me and he must have done something wrong- all the bullets go in the same hole!

Wayne does some really good work,highly recommend him if your in the area.
Him and my FIl were both Oregon State Troopers together,his trigger work on the old S&W duty guns was 1st class all the way.
RK

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top