JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well SafeCo is buying us a new kitchen to the tune of 10K+. We had some water damage under the sink and it damaged the floor to about four feet out. SafeCo is footing the entire bill floor, cabinets, counter top, fan hood and paint. No hassle, easy and pleasant!
Auto's are under Geico. We do check around but they're in the ballpark. Over the years we have used the roadside assistance clause several times and they have been perfect! SRG

I've been with Farmers for way too long. Went through a broker yesterday for my autos. I will be saving $130.00 per month!!!! I knew I was leaving money on the table but I didn't think it was that bad. That's a $1560.00 per year savings. OUCH!o_O

Oregon Mutual for home and auto. They are based in McMinnville. Home for 27 years Auto for 26.

Had one claim on home owners they paid out within two weeks (the boy dropped a coffee can of melted wax on the carpet pretty much melted a bunch of carpet) very satisfied.

Had one wreck I hit the back of another car who hit the back of the guy who actually caused the wreck. Cost me 7 bucks a month for 2 years it totaled the T-Bird I made no claim for the 66 F-250 I was driving at the time the bumper was bent before the accident and bent slightly more after I bent the T-Bird in half at the rear window.

I was in another wreck the other driver was sited. State Farm bought my 66 F-250 for $1800 I bought it back for $300. drove it in to get the check it has a pink title now Oregon Mutual made no comment on the accident.

After reroofing the house in 91 I took a sample of the 5 layers of tar and asphalt shingles to the agent and said since this would burn like gun powder (the bottom two layers of tar were like dust) and your insuring it for X amount how much will you reduce it now that it has a 25 year fire resistant Malarcky fiberglass shingle on it. They dropped the monthly rate $10.00 a month!

I switched to "Guido's Insurance & Personal Protection Plan.":)

He's out of New Jersey, but said he has a "Lot of Associates World Wide".:D:cool::cool::cool::D

He's EXTREMELY cheap, like $20 per year:), until you have to make a claim....:(

Then it's about $10,000, per :eek::(person,.... er', I mean, per subject discussed.o_O

Between auto and business insurance I spend about $600 a month. That gives me 2 million worth of umbrella liability, a million product liability and covers my 5 cars and trucks, a motorcycle 5 trailers and a RV plus $475,000 worth of personal property insurance on the shop.

That is a hell of a deal. My former business had basically the same levels, 4 commercial vehicles, 1 personal, 2M contracting liability, property insurance on shop, house and about 300K in equipment. I was paying around $ 1,800 per month. My commercial vehicles probably gave me more exposure, and I shopped every 6 months, got it down to $ 1,500 finally. Agent was incredulous when I cancelled tath $ 1,800 per month policy.

My current home owners just went up 35% on this renewal, reading this thread is going to get me shopping tomorrow on everything.

Most agents I know work about 1/2 a day and take Fridays off, take at least two months vacation a year and own beach houses, and investment properties and buy new vehicles every other year. Pretty good gig really, everybody has to have insurance.

You don't have to have insurance.
Large company's have bonds with the state.
If you own your home you can take the risk of not being insured.
I believe in large deductibles and it's paid off over the years.
The secrete is to save the policy discounts and pay yourself, not the insurance company.

21st century for my lexus and Silverado. $599 every 6 months for 500/300/100 which includes the wife. My Goldwing is Progressive for $309 saving me almost $100 over my old company Geico and progressive has great medical for no additional cost.
Classic car is Hagerty. Home owners is Met but they have gone up quite a bit. They are up to $751 but this includes "earth movement" with a 5% deductible that I cant find anywhere else. Seems like 15% is the norm now.
All of them want to insure everything but only cut a break on one item as they ra pe you on everything else.

Thanks for all the comments guys! Sounds like I have some solid leads to follow up on :)

Safeco Insurance. We have them for home, auto(s) and umbrella.

Three years ago, we had an accident with an uninsured motorist - they took care of everything. Recently, a branch dented the hood of my car - again, took care of it. In fact, they let me get a new hood instead of fixing it with filler/bondo.

My rates have remained relatively the same for years.

USAA has been great, even when my daughter had 3 accidents in three years,one a total. That was 15 years ago when she was 16/18 years old. Their home owners insurance is not the cheapest but worth it to me after seeing how well they handled those. I also have a savings account and CD with them. Great customer service.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top