JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I'm not arguing with that at all (although the Great Depression is somewhat the exception to the rule in this case). Was just pointing out that both sides blame eachother while both sides are to blame.

No, when someone commits a crime, there is a victim and a perp. Only the perp is to blame. Anyone who chooses to commit a crime is solely responsible for his actions. "Both sides" are not to blame when someone chooses crime.

I'm referring to the guy flying the plane into the building. The government commits it's own fair share of crimes.

So you're saying that two wrongs make a right? Like, the gov'ts behavior partly excuses the murderer? It's understandable that someone would become a murderer if he's really pizzed?

The people who worked in that office - the victims - are partly responsible for their own murders?

I can't get hooked up with this thinking at all...

No, absolutely not saying that at all! Just saying that reports like this (the SLPC) only blame the crazies, and the crazies only blame the government!

I'm not part of the government, and I'm not part of any right-wing militias or anti-tax groups. That was just my opinion as an outsider to the whole thing.

The founding fathers were probably terrorists also so we are all the offspring of terrorists waiting for something to trigger a violent response. Isnt that why we all own guns? I believe we were guaranteed the right to keep and bear arms in order to keep government from getting out of line but when someone exercises that right he is labeled a nut or crazed fool. Which are we, Patriots or fools?

Any excuse to blame someone a terrorist...when in reality, nut-jobs are just looking for any excuse to be a nut-job. I'm sure that even if Mr. Stack wasn't behind in his taxes, but lets say something else happened....like his wife divorced him- he would probably still go skitzo and kill someone.

They're called psychopaths for a reason...it doesn't mean that there needs to be more regulations on people that fly or more scrutiny on commercial airplane licenses. It just means that sometimes stupid people do stupid things that get on the news. Then other stupid people anylize what happened and speak to a crowd of stupid people about how to stop it from reoccuring.

The founding fathers were probably terrorists also so we are all the offspring of terrorists waiting for something to trigger a violent response. Isnt that why we all own guns? I believe we were guaranteed the right to keep and bear arms in order to keep government from getting out of line but when someone exercises that right he is labeled a nut or crazed fool. Which are we, Patriots or fools?

The fact that you're more or less comparing gun owners to an idiot who just flew a plane into a federal building because he couldn't figure out how to pay an $1800 tax bill is ridiculous...

I own guns for recreation, hunting, and self-defense. I do not own guns because I fear my government.

The fact that you're more or less comparing gun owners to an idiot who just flew a plane into a federal building because he couldn't figure out how to pay an $1800 tax bill is ridiculous...

I own guns for recreation, hunting, and self-defense. I do not own guns because I fear my government.

+1. We still have voting booths...

The founding fathers were probably terrorists also so we are all the offspring of terrorists waiting for something to trigger a violent response.

No, The founding fathers tried everything they knew to do to get "George" to treat Americans like human beings. There comes a time when violence is the only answer, contrary to what our PC system teaches us.

Who are they kidding? "Radical Anti-tax Groups Growing Threat, Say Law Enforcement"

If I remember, a certain individual said recently something along the lines of: ...it would be a shame to let a good crisis go to waste. [paraphrase]

It's really not that surprising he's being portrayed as some kind of political, right-wing teabagger or extreme domestic terrorist. It's literally right out of the federal law enforcement playbook guys. And I quote:

"Tax Resistors: This movement is strongly in opposition to the collection of federal income taxes. Individuals in this movement believe that income taxes are invalid or the tax laws do not apply to them."

Miac Strategic Report Feb09

Oh by the way, all you guys with "molon labe" sig lines are domestic terrorists too :s0155:

I read a definition of terrorism versus freedom fighter the other day. It came down to the freedom fighter engages soldiers to further his cause and the terrorist engages civilians to further his. When that gentleman flew his plane into the building, he engaged civilians to further his cause. That's why I elevated him to the level of terrorism.

Oddly enough, Gunner, I think you and I are agreeing in a completely off handed way. That's par for the course for us... ;)

I understand his frustration, but not his methods. I doubt he had exhausted all his other options. Like I said above, had he flown his plane into a mountain and committed suicide, I would feel sorry for him. As is, not so much...

Well, I think he was kidding about banning planes. lol

I was NOT kidding about banning all planes. Planes kill people. People don't kill people.

Violins kill people too. Did you know that? There's too much violins in this world. People get planes and commit acts of violins. We need to ban all planes and all violins.

I read a definition of terrorism versus freedom fighter the other day. It came down to the freedom fighter engages soldiers to further his cause and the terrorist engages civilians to further his. When that gentleman flew his plane into the building, he engaged civilians to further his cause. That's why I elevated him to the level of terrorism.

Oddly enough, Gunner, I think you and I are agreeing in a completely off handed way. That's par for the course for us... ;)

And unless I'm mistaken, the constitutional amendment that gave the federal government the power to collect income taxes was never ratified, was it? So I understand his frustration, but not his methods. I doubt he had exhausted all his other options. Like I said above, had he flown his plane into a mountain and committed suicide, I would feel sorry for him. As is, not so much...

The sixteenth amendment, ratified Feb 3, 1913. :)

If you read Stack's manifesto carefully, he appears to have gotten involved with tax protestors first in the early 1980's, and then fallen afoul of tax issues again with Section 1706 later in his life. He must have been a very slow learner to screw up twice like that.

I have little sympathy for the tax protestors, and even less for their ringleaders. The ringleaders are often as not just running a scam, and they leave their sheep like Stack to bear the brunt of the legal system. In many cases tax protestors resemble a borderline cult, with unsupportable claims about the 'unratified' sixteenth amendment, conspiracies etc that are no different from a religion.

We live in a constitutional republic governed by laws. If Stack wanted to ignore the laws and live in anarchy, perhaps Somalia would have been a better option.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads