JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The longest I had to wait for a BGC was 2hrs maybe back in 2012. It's going into the 7th day now. Was higher than 4000 in line.

Perhaps the fear of not having a gun was amped up in these people, but they don't sound desperate or humble. I know more than a few educated, middle class to upper middle class people who are just this side of unhinged right now.

It would be fairly sophisticated for a complete gun noob to try a buy a firearm from a site like this. IMO. Was this an unhinged yuppie that can't wait for a background check or a bad actor?

Last Edited:
With everything going on it seems like there would be better people to go after.
That was my thinking too... buying an gun illegally doesn't make a ripple anywhere... criminals do it daily and no one cares.

I think it's more likely someone who got a load of the BGC wait times and doesn't quite understand the consequences of circumventing the law (that they probably voted for).

Thanks media, for feeding the gullible public a never ending diet of "gun-owners are shady characters", gun-show "loopholes", and "easy accessibility" of guns. The world is much stupider, thanks to you.

Please, PLEASE report these "Buyers" to staff, we do not allow or support this type of crap, and we always want to hear of those who would willfully break the laws and flaunt them, @Joe Link will take care of those idiots right quick and in a hurry like! :s0155:

Good for you for following the laws and standing up for what's right!

Well... standing up for what's "legal" any way.... ;)

That was my thinking too... buying an gun illegally doesn't make a ripple anywhere... criminals do it daily and no one cares.

I think it's more likely someone who got a load of the BGC wait times and doesn't quite understand the consequences of circumventing the law (that they probably voted for).

Thanks media, for feeding the gullible public a never ending diet of "gun-owners are shady characters", gun-show "loopholes", and "easy accessibility" of guns. The world is much stupider, thanks to you.

Let them eat cake.... we already have all the frosting! ;):s0155:

It's possible that the guys who approached you were criminals and bad guys. But it's also possible that in some cases they are just people who want to own an unrecorded gun for fear that the government is likely to confiscate guns from owners for which they have records. Given that little recent episode where the couple defended their home against a trespassing mob (without firing a shot), and the government has now swooped in and taken their guns, it's understandable. Understandable or not, trying to circumvent the laws on gun transfers is criminal and not something we can afford to mess with.

Law enforcement cannot initiate an act that is intended to entrap...legally.
??? I thought LE did that all the time. Don't most men trying to solicit underage sex through interactions on line get caught by LE posing as youngsters? Aren't lots of drug dealers caught by LE posing as a buyer? ????

I had a guy on Armslist try to get me to sell without BGC, and he got super mad when I declined to do so. He started reporting my ad as a scam multiple times a day, until my account got blacklisted. He sent me an email saying I should have done what he asked, "now look what happened".:mad:

I had a guy on Armslist try to get me to sell without BGC, and he got super mad when I declined to do so. He started reporting my ad as a scam multiple times a day, until my account got blacklisted. He sent me an email saying I should have done what he asked, "now look what happened".:mad:
I hope that you were able to right that wrong and get your good name cleared and that asshat canned...
Or at the very least reported to the ATF for attempting to circumvent the law, as bubblegumty as it is.

??? I thought LE did that all the time. Don't most men trying to solicit underage sex through interactions on line get caught by LE posing as youngsters? Aren't lots of drug dealers caught by LE posing as a buyer? ????

Opportunity is not Entrapment

In order to find and eliminate criminal behavior, law enforcement officers are allowed to engage in sting operations, whereby they create circumstances that allow individuals to take criminal actions that they can then be arrested and prosecuted for. These are considered "opportunities" for individuals believed to be involved in criminal behavior to commit crimes. An opportunity is considered very different from entrapment and involves merely the temptation to violate the law, not being forced to do so.

Unlike creating an opportunity, entrapment occurs when law enforcement officers urge, harass, or otherwise overly encourage an individual to commit a crime when he or she would not otherwise do so. Entrapment may result from the use of threats, intimidation, extended fraud, or any other means where the defendant was essentially forced to commit a crime.

For example, law enforcement officers could set up a sting operation for a suspected criminal to commit a burglary. This might involve a law enforcement officer pretending to be a fellow criminal and alerting the defendant of a warehouse shipment that will be arriving shortly and will not be protected by security. If the defendant completes the burglary on the basis of this information, this is not entrapment. The officers have merely created an opportunity for the defendant to commit the crime, and their efforts to do so were entirely legal. If however, the undercover law enforcement officer threatens that the defendant needs to commit the burglary for him, or he will be punished, or shows up every day and harasses the defendant to commit the burglary even though the defendant does not appear interested, this could amount to entrapment. It goes beyond providing an opportunity and involves efforts by law enforcement to force the burglary to occur.

I quit the FTF selling as well. I just consigned to Talos Tactical in West Richland & let them deal with it. Way more traffic there and the commission is what I'd pay for advertising and traveling to meet a buyer anyway.

Dan

I would imagine that the BGC law has created more "criminals" , by folks being more selective with who they sell or trade too....like selling and trading only to trusted friends...
Than stopped illegal firearm transfers among actual criminals.

I do know that the BGC law has cut down my buying , selling and trading of firearms.
I used to buy or trade for a inexpensive fixer upper .22 rifle or shotgun. fairly often...
Fix 'em up....give them a little extra TLC....keep 'em for a bit ...then sell or trade 'em off for a new project gun.

That was a fun way to tinker with guns , see how different actions work and practice some repair and restoration skills...
At one time one could find many $200 and less firearms at gun shows in my area....
But now with the hassle of finding a dealer....the BGC fee and sales tax...that $200 firearm is a bit less cost effective to fix up and try to re-sell or trade off.
I miss those days.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews