JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
MORE from Wilson...

Thanks for the offer to help. We need all the help we can get! Unfortunately, many of these bills have already passed from the Law & Justice Committee (I voted no) and are now in the Rules Committee, which is the last stop before a bill comes to the Senate floor for a full vote.

I will continue to oppose all of these anti-second amendment bills. Please continue to speak out with your opinions on these bills. I am with you -- but many of my colleagues are not and they need to hear from you too! You can easily send an e-mail to every member of the Senate by copying and pasting this block into the address bar:

[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]

You can find EVERY legislator here Senate & House emails.
Voting records (some) are here
& some here
& here
There's a ton of ways to dig it out but I recommend each person look to the records of their legislators and write to them. IF their rep is anti-gun~2A then definitely write them. You can't sway/change their mind if you ignore them. We have to confront them, peacefully until proven otherwise, in order to sway them to our side through education.

Today, I sent EVERY legislator, senate/house, an email requesting they review the video about magazine capacity/swapping to hopefully get them to understand the futility in magazine capacity limits. I was polite, not pushy but am hoping for some 'give' to our side to prevent more worthless laws that do nothing but hurt legal/lawful gun owners.

Dan

I'll tell you this, I knew Mari Leavitt professionally before she entered politics, and she spews talking points that are KNOWN lies because she joined me for a shoot or two and saw otherwise. If she tells you the sky is blue, LOOK OUT THE WINDOW AND CHECK!

For those interested, these are the websites for the some of the stronger pro2A Legislators in Olympia...communicating with them might achieve better results.

House:

Senate:

Boss

Last Edited:
For those interested, these are the websites for the some of the stronger pro2A Legislators in Olympia...communicating with them might achieve better results.

House:

Ummm, I hope you're either joking or that you just clicked the wrong link, because cosponsoring anti-gun bills is not pro 2A in any way, shape or form!

Ray

^^ OK, listed updated, one added, one removed. Anyone else? Chime on in.
Boss
Pretty sure we could add Skyler Rude & Bill Jenkins to the list. Like both of them told me this spring, the other party has the the house & the senate which leaves our side hog-tied..:mad:

Dan

My legislators are pro-2A for the most part.

Items in quotes are statements taken from their respective websites.

Pro-gun legislators 39th district

Representative Robert Sutherland:

Statement from Representative Sutherlands website. "Second amendment rights, and ensuring they're not infringed upon, will always be one of my top legislative priorities. It's also a key issue the Legislature consistently debates."

Primary Sponsor
HB 1649:
Introduced a bill that would eliminate the second background check to transfer or sell a firearm between concealed pistol license (CPL) holders. "There is no reason for a redundant background check between law-abiding citizens." "Unfortunately, this bill was a causality of policy cutoff and will not advance this session. I'll continue to work on this common-sense solution."

Secondary Sponsor
HB 2103:
"This measure would repeal the initiative passed by voters in the 2018 general election. I proudly co-sponsored this measure to overturn I-1639 because it's a direct violation of our constitutional 2nd Amendment rights. It punishes law-abiding citizens.

I-1639 has created a constitutional headache for law enforcement who swore under oath to serve and protect under the Constitution of the United States, and the Constitution of the State of Washington.

The Supreme Court could overturn this law. Until then, we, as lawmakers, must fight to amend this terrible law and yet another attempt to take away our right to bear arms."

HB 2182: Bumpfire buy-back programs. Concerning bump-fire stock buy-back program records.

Representative Carolyn Eslick

Secondary sponsor
HB 1649:
Exemption from background check requirements for firearms sales or transfer between concealed pistol license holders.

HB 2103: Firearms regulations: Simplifying Firearms Regulations. See previous description.

HB 2182: Bumpfire buy-back programs. Concerning bump-fire stock buy-back program records

HB 1038: Firearms/school employees. Allowing public school districts and private schools to adopt a policy authorizing permanent employees to possess firearms on school grounds under certain conditions.

Two other notes on Representative Eslick. She is very good with communication and follow-up. Her email updates to me prior to each session are titled "2nd Amendment Update" because she knows that is my primary concern. And her legislative assistant is extremely helpful with various questions about the process and such. I emailed her a question at 3:07pm the other day and received a detailed response (with links) at 3:19pm.

Senator Keith Wagoner

Secondary sponsor
HB 1649:
Exemption from background check requirements for firearms sales or transfer between concealed pistol license holders.

HB 2103: Simplifying firearm regulations. See previous explanation. "This act may be known and cited as the people's defense of the Second Amendment act of 2019."
https://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2019-20/Pdf/Bills/House Bills/2103.pdf

SB 5099: Establishing recreational target shooting areas on public lands. This is the latest I can find on the subject.
https://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2019-20/Pdf/Bill Reports/Senate/5099 SBR AWNP 19.pdf

SB 5172: Requiring firearms training for certain legislators. Any legislator who wishes to introduce a bill pertaining to a firearm must be able to produce proof, upon request, that he or she has completed the following training requirements.

SB 5726: Exempts permanently from retail sales and use tax, clay targets purchased by a nonprofit gun club providing the activity of clay target shooting for a fee.

SB6025: Bump-fire stock program records. Concerning buy-back program records.

Might be worth visiting their offices, politely, next Friday if you're able to attend the rally.

Or send them a message.

Boss

BTT...

Takko and Blake no longer, but hopefully their replacements Wilson and McEntire make a solid effort to hold the line.

Git 'er done.
Boss

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews