JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Its interesting there are still people still trying to buy. I stopped by Sportsmans today for something and the gun counter had people sitting in lawn chairs. IMO at this point if you haven't then might as well wait for the whole permission or court process to figure itself out, you aint getting it until its worked out or the court rules against this...
Either a permit system will be put in place or relief will come from the court. People who already bought their firearm and have it waiting at the store for them won't have to fight the new lines that will develope.

Straight at the OP. Of the very few people I talked to and got a detailed story one came in to browse for a new carry piece while visiting relatives with no idea why people were lining up at the counter or what 114 was about. One had just bought their first firearm within the last 6 months and wanted to add a handgun before the measure hit. The third was a poor soul from WA hoping to grab some magazines in the chaos.

Not obvious at all. I think we were heading for a red wave nearly everywhere until the Supreme Court canceled Roe vs Wade. For many women not being forced to carry the child of a rapist is a deal killer issue, just as 2A is for most of us here. Even so, we came very close to getting a Republican governor in Oregon this year.
Unfortunately, "close" only works playing horseshoes…. and when throwing hand grenades.

Just got instant approval on 3 transfers yesterday.
The lady said I would probably getting them in February, said the queue was up to 30,000+, and another 8,000 + for Chl holders.

Clicked submit and came back instantly.

"Gender identity" seems to be working its way up the list rapidly.
That's just another "cause" in the myriad faux-arguments designed to keep the masses distracted and at each others' throats while the real trap is being set and readied to spring.

There will be many a surprised NPC type character with their mouths left agape followed by weeping and the gnashing of teeth when they fully harvest the fruits of the labors they've sown.

They're meat for the beasts and already dead, they just don't know it yet.

That's just another "cause" in the myriad faux-arguments designed to keep the masses distracted and at each others' throats while the real trap is being set and readied to spring.

There will be many a surprised NPC type character with their mouths left agape followed by weeping and the gnashing of teeth when they fully harvest the fruits of the labors they've sown.

They're meat for the beasts and already dead, they just don't know it yet.
Ah. So, zombies.

You coulda just said zombies. Less words and stuff.

Either a permit system will be put in place or relief will come from the court. People who already bought their firearm and have it waiting at the store for them won't have to fight the new lines that will develope.
I guess Sportsmans will still be in business by the time any permit is worked out...

i have plenty of govmt autos but it was already late november when i noticed philipino 1911s on sale for 299. picked it up on dec 2 and got an instant (chl) .
i have more guns than i can shoot but i still always want one more.
i'm sad now because i will not do a purchase permit

i have more guns than i can shoot but i still always want one more.
i'm sad now because i will not do a purchase permit
it -was- the fact that I could satisfy the "need" to by on a whim. Now I dont know if I will be on a public list and dont want to go thru the "permission" slip to buy what was a right to buy. And then, even if I went thru it all, I cant use the intended standard mags that it was designed for... I get to be handicapped on a weapon when the bad guy doesnt.

Last Edited:
Knowing someone who works at a gun counter, seems to be a mix. Plenty of folks with CHL's coming in, hoping, and usually getting, an instant. Plenty of first time and others that are new to firearms but may own one or two already. One came in with a sale ad, point at the guns and asked if they had them. Which one? All of them! More are purchasing multiple guns and often with little research or knowledge of what they are buying.

Most here knew the s_storm that was going to befall gun shops if this beast passed and prepared, not willing to wait hours in many cases at a store. I mentioned in another thread, that 30k + in the queue is the tip of the iceberg when you factor in instants.
Also, factor in the fact that nearly all of the State believed that this would not become law until January, 2023.
Agree at this is a factor as well.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads