JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I added a 60 Watt MOPA Fiber to my Home Shop so far it has been a fun Learning Experience.

Rhine-Labs-JPT-M7-60W-Mopa-Fiber-Laser-573x1024.jpg

So, what are you going to start charging for form 1 engravings and how soon will you be up and running?

Too neat and tidy to be real. You could probable find the right screwdriver in there and a crescent wrench when you need it. Probably a CGI background.
From the looks of that shop he likely has no need to find a shifter (shifting spanner aka crescent), likely has a full set of fixed spanners. Might even include a selection of whitworth's. :s0139:

@Ancalagon,

I rework all sorts of surface mount PCB's. I do Mostly industrial mechanical items elevators/escalator controls etc, I also do Some Consumer electronics but have to be high end items (No phones, Laptops, or TV's repair market market is saturated).

Chip programming is my specialty I do a lot of device programming 8/26 I did 200 Atmega 328P (Arduino) that the fuses were set wrong and bricked, The week before programed 750 TSOP Flash chips for aerospace company.

20220718_181433-1024x576.jpg
Once my new rework bench is back together I will be getting back in to retro CRT's and arcade pcb's and automotive instrument cluster repair.

@Caveman Jim I can reload computers. I do it at shop rate and a minim 1 hour.

Familiar with the Atmega series. Never redone the burnable fuses though.

Are you independent?

I don't do much board level work these days, too much in lost production time most of the time, but still tinker at home.

@Ancalagon Yes i am independent

The ATmega chips a lot of people seem to play with the fuse bit settings and disable the reset pin or disable serial programming = bricked/Locked unless you have a programmer capable of high voltage parallel programming. With chipagedon (Chip Shortage) still a 52+ Week wait on new chips a lot of people are saving them and will either build HVPP hat, buy a microchip STK600 or a Xeltek etc. Of find someone like me that can unbrick them for them. This client just pulls the chips and sends them to me when he gets a hundred or so because know genuine ones are $$$ right now.

The laser's will be used mostly for marking chips.

May I ask what you do?

I maintain exposure and chemical tools for photolithography as well as some metrology tools (scanning electron microscopes, optical scopes, etc). Built a robot in school using the ATmegas, on Arduino boards to save time, which is how I knew about the fuses and the ability to reset em with high voltage.

I looked at doing some electronic repairs on the side but decided the market was too saturated to make an easy buck. And with chipagedon on us I've.got more or less unlimited OT at the moment, so put it on the back burner for now.

Very cool setup! I've been thinking about getting a laser but leaning more towards 3d printer and/or CNC machine at the moment. Don't really have shop space though so probably going to get the printer for now.

Too neat and tidy to be real. You could probable find the right screwdriver in there and a crescent wrench when you need it. Probably a CGI background.
From the looks of that shop he likely has no need to find a shifter (shifting spanner aka crescent), likely has a full set of fixed spanners. Might even include a selection of whitworth's. :s0139:
I bet this guy can even find his 10mm socket!! In fact this is probably where all 10mm sockets gravitate to out if jealousy. ;)
Seriously though, nice lab/work shop. Looks like fun to me. I haven't run any fiber lasers but a 5kw Co2. The laser lithography stuff that can do 3d sculpting/modeling is pretty cool though.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top