JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I AM! been lookin forward to it all year. countin down the minutes!!

drew silvies rifle buck tags. spent labor day weekend over there scouting. the area looks promising!

WHO ELSE IS READY?!?

:D

I wish! I normally bow hunt but I passed because of recent knee surgeries. And now just last week two of my kids now all of a sudden want to hunt for the first time!

So we have dashed through the online hunter safety course and have the field class this Saturday.

I knocked the dust off of the deer rifles, had loading marathon and got out to the range Monday to test load and sight in. Yesterday we loaded up batches of the chosen loads for the actual hunting.

I haven't scouted rifle hunting areas in years and don't really yet have any idea where to go. (any SW Washington Intel would be highly appreciated!).

One of the challenges is that I'm still not 100 percent with the knees and my 14 yr-old daughter can't really do heavy cardio as she only has 1/2 a lung on one side only. So it looks like some form of road hunting even though I don't like doing that at all.

I really hate scrambling at the last minute like this, but I will not let an opportunity like this, to hunt with my kids, pass by. Life is too short to squander these type of moments.

But hey, just getting out and wearing all that high-fashion orange us all worth it ... now if I can just find all that orange stuff, you would think it would be easy to find after a decade in the attic!

I'm ready for deer considering I blanked on my archery elk this year. Taking my brother-in-law with me. His first hunting trip ever. Should be fun!

Worked the 200yd line at the club last weekend, did my best to ensure about 40 doods hit what theyre aiming at :)

Thank you for that. I wish more hunters practiced out to 200 yards regularly...
It really helps the precision of the 100yd zero and lessens the chance of wounding animals in the hunt...

It would scare you the amount of times ive heard hunters tell when theyve taken shots at distances theyve never practiced at....

"100yds zero is all you need"

Hell yes! Gonna be hunting the Trask unit this year with a friend. Looking forward to elk this year too, gonna hunt Saddle Mountain for that.

Last Edited:
Missing out this year. Not excited. Injurious circumstances won this one.

Your deer camp need a cook? :D

Don't do it!! His schnitzel is really SCHNAUZER!!

youre up early old man, dont wanna miss those matlock re-runs eh? :rolleyes:;):po_O:confused::cool:

HTF is matlock? Respect your elders, I could've been your father. o_O

I used to bubblegum buffalo. :D;)

I'm leaving tonight for an 8 hour drive east. Takes me a day just to set up camp.:confused:
Not much "hunting" any more, mostly sit now and wait for them to come to me.
Dang, to my surprise if that hasn't worked well the last couple years!! Took me nearly an hour just to gut and drag him a measly 300 feet last year but you can rest assured there was a grin on my face the whole time!!:)
I swear the bed of my truck keeps getting higher.:eek: I'm a little thankful he wasn't any bigger.

I'm ready. Had my loads made up and camp stuff packed up. Tomorrow I'll pack clothes and head out early Friday morning heading east bound. I look forward to deer season every year.

Got the fridge in the RV cooling down and everything except guns and food packed. Heading out a day early as I'm taking the 5 month old pup out so I can shoot some doves for him.

Reports I'm getting is the deer did not do well this winter in the Columbia Basin and populations are down. Not looking good for birds this year either. Then again, never shot anything sitting on the couch at home.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top