JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dave, if you end up getting them please make sure you update us what your personal experience is. I might have to come back and pick up a pair just to support 'em.

Find out what the woods working professionals who really do depend on the very best boots money can buy are wearing. Many of them will tell you they wear White's. Many of them will also tell you they will pay the White's price, irrespective of whether or not they feel they can "afford" them. For those who have that kind of a need, they're that good. But they're not for everyone. They may be other makers in this class, but you didn't ask about those.

Danner is also a Northwest company that makes a quality product in a world of mass marketed imported and otherwise crappy footwear. Not that I'm saying that they are equivalent to the standards of a White's, but they might be more than good enough for the more average user with average needs.

What's right for you is really all about what you think you need and what you think you can afford.

I bought Danner when I was working outside. Tried another brand, they weren't waterproof as they used nylon thread and it wouldn't swell and seal the holes. Went back to Danner. But that was 25+ years ago too!

Look at --Nick's Boots--- also in Spokane, very similar to White's just not a fancy store. Are you looking more at a work type boot or a Pac type boot?

Nick's, White's, smokejumper wildland firefighter type boots are heavy, but since they fit properly you do not notice the weight so much. They are re-buidable so that they are almost like brand new when you get them back. There will be a break in period where they are stiff and tight, but in a couple of days you will be pleased.

Danner boots are nice but I do not want to spend $250-$300 on a pair of Chinese made boots. They still have several U.S. made boots but look at the tag.

What do I want them for? Good question.
1. Comfort - I have a half size difference between both feet, and my feet are tall so a custom fit boot is something I want. Off the shelf shoes suck and are uncomfortable, unless they're the vibram five fingers, or my ll bean moccasins.
2. Hunting boots/ hiking boots that are effective for 3 seasons.
3. Something rebuildable. I hate shopping sometimes, I'd like to buy the one boot to rule them all, and not have to worry about buying another boot for the next decade +.
4. finally, I want them to look good, so I aren't looking like some tacticool schlub in my 5.11 boots, and they go well under my jeans. Whites are sharp looking boots.

Ah damn, my Danners are chinese. I paid extra to get a US boot....

sonofa.

I noticed that part of their production is US, so before I went to the factory store (next to PDX airport), I checked which models were US based. It would be good if all production was here.

I did get a nice 20% off in the store because the pair I was fitting and wanted had some marks in the leather. Nothing problematic for structure or even looks, so I was happy. :)

dang good boots. I bought a pair of the smoke jumper lace to toe boots for firefighting. Used them for two years firefighting and now using them for everyday wear. amazing quality and have held up well. be warned, there is a two week break in period that will absolutely destroy your feet. after that they are very very comfortable.

i payed 420 for my pair but havnt had a single complaint. good boots!

Thats what I wear everyday, the lace to toe logger.

Most folks don't realize that if you visit the factory, they will actually make a custom pair just for your feet. The folks I know who opted for those custom boot were absolutely glad they did.

Keith

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads