JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone have anything from White's boots?

I'm a bit tickled that a boot maker is in Spokane. How is their quality? How do they age? How do they compare to Danners?

I was thinking of replacing my redhead hillbilly hunting boots with something like the smokejumpers from Whites.

I haven't seen any swamps, so it should be a good change.

No personal experience. Never heard anything bad about white's. Some years back I was a volunteer with a fire agency and we were "granted" a pair of Danner boots. One of our guys took the grant amount and spent his own money to make the difference (which was considerable considering the group purchase buy) and bought white's. He said it's the only thing he'll wear.

Danners is Walmart of boots compared to Whites.

Whites are great boots and I have had a set of the Pac Boots for over 10 years. We use to sell Whites, Wesco, and Buffalo (now made by Whites). The Whites and Buffalo both have a very high arch so dont fit my foot well. The Wesco fit me much better, I have had a couple pair.

Would you mind quantifying "best" a little?

How is the sizing? Comfort? Break in period?
Did you get a custom built, or an off the shelf?

can't help with the other questions but when breaking in new boots when I was in the corps we use to soak a brand new pair of boots in water till they were soaked clean through then put them on till they were dry 1 day of discomfort then they were like you've been wearing them for years

Friend of mine used to work at White's back in the early 90's and wore a pair everywhere. He wore them through every weather condition (and even walked through fire - long story) and those things protected him through everything he put them through. If the quality today is the same as it was then, they'd be worth a look.

Are they still out at the end of Francis before Bigelow Gulch?

They were the best fitting boots I have ever had, very comfortable for a long hikes and hunts. Break in period was a little tough and took at least 2 weeks of wearing every day. I bought them off the shelf in Klamath Falls, OR.

I have to agree with Nwcid. There is no comparison. I have had 6 different Danner hunting type boots all but one leaked.
I have had a pair of White's pack boots for 8 or so years. Now I only wear them in the late season but i have never had a problem with them at all.

Ah man, this thread blew up and I wasn't getting email notifications.

So if whites make Danners look like Walmart... and my Danners make Asolos look like crap... then Whites are going to be worth every ounce of pain to pay for them it seems.

What flavor of them would be food for fall in winter use, but is non pac? I was thinking their insulated hunters, assuming I could get them custom made to me. I have funky feet.

sonic - I think they're on Ferry by the fairgrounds.

When I Was a Volunteer Firefighter I used Whites for about 20 years on Wildland Fires with no complaints. But also wore a pair of Danner Ft Lewis boots For years while in the Army and very satisfied with them also. Either brand produces good products.

Bob

I own a pair of Hathorn explorer boots, made by whites that have lasted me a year in the ditch. Im a pipelayer, and boots last me only a few months, but I saw that these hathorns were made by whites, so I had to try em. They were about $300, but whites are a little more pricier. Worth every penny. Comfortable with very little break in period. and they last a long time. Like I said, Im a pipelayer, and my boots are a very important aspect of work. I recommend them.

Bought a pair of Danner a few weeks ago. I use them as "nice" rougher shoes, not really the outdoorsy style. I like them, better than the crappy SE-Asian slave-labor made throwaway sneakers I used to wear. These will last me a long time I think.

I thought about Wesco too, but that's a big step up on the price ladder. :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top