JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ive seen whitetail in eastern Oregon and I know the difference between mules, blackmail, and whitetail. I've been hunting for 20 years.

Tonight near wafer tech in camas, I saw a white tail doe. Just one. It did the typical tail flare and all. Wtf are white tails doing on the west side?????

Update: Saw them again 5/17/17 - no doubt whitetails. On camas meadows golf course. chasing each other and playing like dogs.

Last Edited:
More than likely a Columbian White-tail. They are protected unlike the White-tails in eastern WA and Oregon. There's a population of them in the Ridgefield NWR. She could have wandered away from the refuge. I live not too far from Wafer-Tech and see quite a few deer around but haven't seen a white-tail yet.

Last Edited:
There are fairly healthy populations of CR whitetails from long beach wa to woodland wa but that's about as far upriver as I get on the columbia . . . I see whitetails on a fairly regular basis while fishing the mainstream columbia and lower parts of the tributaries to the CR.

I don't know about whote tails but up just south west of that area I saw a huge blacktail with a rack that made me drool.
He just just hanging out in someone's yard.
It's was the biggest rack I had seen on a deer in person.

Whitetail bucks will breed Mulie and blacktails doe's but whitetail doe's won't let mulies and blacktails breed with them. The mules and blacktails can't catch them. At least that's what we were told by the local biologist in Elk camp.
I can imagine seeing whitetails in Camas, not sure they are swimming across the river, more so coming from Ridgefield WLR. They are protected so come hunting season insure you know what you're shooting.

Major update to this old thread: Confirmed sighting of white tail deer at Camas Meadows Golf Course. So without divulging too much info, My wife and I both saw two whitetails running around and playing like dogs on the golf course this week! I tried to snap a quick picture, but they ran off the course and up into the neighborhood. I saw them right out my office window! No doubt about it. White Tail Deer.

IMG_2437.JPG IMG_2438.JPG Son of a bubblegum...I just finished editing my above post and one of the deer runs through the neighbors' back yards behind my house.

View attachment 365305 View attachment 365306 Son of a bubblegum...I just finished editing my above post and one of the deer runs through the neighbors' back yards behind my house.

Your neighbor has an awesome view of PDX and the river...
I imagine you have some nice views too. Knowing this area a little bit I assume you live just a little west of the fallow deer farm up on the hill?
That's a blacktail.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads