JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
...And how do you repair them?

Is there an epoxy or something that can fill those gaps?

Many thanks in advance

Stock.png

Bearing in mind that ABS will degrade/soften when exposed to various gun cleaning solvents. Other plastics could be used (teflon, polyethylene), but they are harder to work and you would have to order online or find a plastics specialty shop. In any event, it will involved a bit of cut and try, as it is quite similar to fitting a recoil pad.

Oh man.. sounds like quite a bit of fitting is required.
Well, pretty basic actually.

Take the piece of material and drill the two holes to correspond with the butt plate screw down sandwiched between the stock and buttplate, draw a line around the stock on the plastic, remove, rough cut the spacer to within a 1/8 or so of your line, file to get close to your line then start finish fit with something like 280 grit wetordry in a sanding block and go slow, and check fit often.

I'd probably make one out of brass personally.

When you take it off, you can make a tracing of the spacer, using with the end of the stock or the mating surface of the foreend tip as a pattern. You can get it pretty close that way, meaning far less handwork to fit it. If you have a magnifying loupe, take a look at the forend spacers on other stocks and you will see faint sanding marks on them. That's just how they are done.

Actually I NEED to make a spacer myself for this stock.

When it was originally re-stocked I think it was cut a bit short and shaped for a typical steel, replacement buttplate for a Mod 94 WInchester.

It is too short for me and a while back while scrounging around in my gun 'junk' I found a later style plastic WInchester buttplate which fit the shape of the steel one perfectly and gave me a little more LOP but another 1/4 - 3/8" " would really help so I am thinking about how to do this. One idea is to just make one out of a piece of hardwood, stain it black but if I happen to stumble on a piece of 3/8" brass flat bar in the meantime I'll probably use that.
IMG_1467[1].JPG

A place like TAP Plastics or maybe even a craft store could hook you up with the material needed. You might even get a suitable sized "scrap" for $0.

TAP is in Portland, but I'm sure Salem has a couple of retail commercial suppliers. Sign companies use that stuff all the time too.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top