Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

White Oak Armerment AR opinion

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by sneakboxer, Mar 27, 2012.

1. sneakboxer

sneakboxer NW OR Active Member

Well i almost made up my mind on an AR. I'm looking at the 20in A4 upper White Oak Armament . Does any one here have any experience with WOA? I'd like to stick with a service rifle and i'm reading that these guys make a good one. The 20+week wait stinks but everyone else is backed up too.

So what do you think? Good, bad, build from scratch, or buy brand X?
    Thanks in advance,

2. madcratebuilder

madcratebuilder Ardenwald, OR Well-Known Member

WO is one of the best service rifle builders around. If you are going to be serious about shooting in competitions then WO is the way to go.

3. the4thshake

the4thshake Portland Active Member

I have a 20" White Oak barrel. It shoots under 1 MOA with most ammo. With match ammo it shoots under 1/2 MOA. The 1-7 twist likes the 75-77 grain bullets.

4. saread

saread Bothell, WA Member

I've got a 20" White Oak A2 upper ordered that's supposed to be here any time. In the service rifle world you hear 3 names: White Oak, Rock River and Compass Lake. White Oak is almost universally noted as being the best bang for the buck.

5. dmancornell

dmancornell Portland, OR New Member

I have a SPR setup with an 18 inch White Oak barrel and it is very accurate.

6. sneakboxer

sneakboxer NW OR Active Member

That is good to hear. I appreciate your help. There are SO many AR choices i guy can get lost in it all. I have been on the fence for literally years. I think a good quality old school match rifle will do me well. I will get on the waiting list on Monday.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012