JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Less than 24hrs. in office. i have no words.

Address Gun Violence in Cities: Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent.

<broken link removed>

Hmmm, keep playing defense, or start playing offense? What to do, what to do? Hey, anyone else smell a frog cooking?
Well the good news is that when they do reinstate the AWB, I have mine, and thats what its all about, right? I mean no reason to be an active defender of the 2A and stand up like a man, when I can just sit back and relax, maybe let others do the work for me while I sit in front of my television and let the media tell me whats really important.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course everybody knew it was coming. The real sickening thing is that they abandoned their campaign rhetoric so quickly. Anybody remember BHO saying "I am not coming to take your guns" and how he was a supporter of 2nd Amendment rights? It was all about getting votes, and it worked. Given enough time, anybody will show their true colors, I just didn't think he would show his this fast.

It is really funny because he won an election really saying nothing more than he represents change! What the heck does that mean? Change can be good or bad. Hitler taking power and killing Jews was a change. It doesn't mean it was a good one.

As far as what to do. I think we better be as offensive as possible. The only way I can see to save the second amendment at this point, is to make our presense known in the kind of numbers that will put fear in our government, which is how things were intended to be in the first place. We need to make them understand that the second amendment is a right, and not someting that they can regulate out of existance anymore than they can regulate us breathing the air. We also need to make them understand that a gun doesn't have to be good for hunting or sports to be legal. The second amendment wasn't written for hunting and sports. If we sit back and wait, they will eventually come for the guns we already have.

It is really funny because he won an election really saying nothing more than he represents change! What the heck does that mean? Change can be good or bad. Hitler taking power and killing Jews was a change. It doesn't mean it was a good one.

As far as what to do. I think we better be as offensive as possible. The only way I can see to save the second amendment at this point, is to make our presense known in the kind of numbers that will put fear in our government, which is how things were intended to be in the first place. We need to make them understand that the second amendment is a right, and not someting that they can regulate out of existance anymore than they can regulate us breathing the air. We also need to make them understand that a gun doesn't have to be good for hunting or sports to be legal. The second amendment wasn't written for hunting and sports. If we sit back and wait, they will eventually come for the guns we already have.

Well said.

Yep. The problem is that most of us tend to lay back and not make our voices heard. I guess probably a lot of us have been raised with the speak softly and carry a big stick theory. That isn't necessarily bad in most of life. In politics, it doesn't work. This is a time that we all need to unite and MAKE them hear us. The other side is loud and outspoken. Look at Hillary, Sarah Brady, and Feinstein. Look at all of those on the liberal side that make their voices heard.

One problem I have seen a lot is the division among gun owners. Remember the saying "united we stand, devided we fall". It seems many gun owners don't care as much if they ban "assault rifles" because they are hunters and don't use them, or maybe they only carry handguns. The problem is that letting them dictate what guns we can have is just a stepping stone to them deciding we can't have any guns at all. Every gun owner needs to stand up for our born RIGHT (not privelage) to own every gun weather you personally use them or not! As I see it, this is do or die time. We either make our voices heard as a large, armed group, or we just stand by and let them turn the US into Australia and England where you area subject instead of a citizen. I hope we still have it in us as a country to stand up and demand our RIGHTS.

I'm not even sure I know what that means - but I think it scares me the most!

Lets make knives, bats, cars, crowbars also childproof.

Look at it in the positive light. As far as AR's are concerned as long as you have the lower stripped or not you are good to go..... The rest are just parts and could always buy parts because they were not part of the ban. There are enough Republicans and Dems to stop anything crazy because they know this will last only 4 year short years. We will overcome this with more change in 2012. Anybody need lowers??????? Just asking.

Scott

...making guns in this country childproof.
I'm not even sure I know what that means - but I think it scares me the most!

That reminds me of what Bill Clinton's Surgeon General, Ms. Jocelyn Elders used to say about the government needing to mandate "safer guns and safer bullets". :s0114:

I never did figure out how one makes a "safer bullet". Maybe that's just a different term for a "miss"? :D

Lets make knives, bats, cars, crowbars also childproof.

Look at it in the positive light. As far as AR's are concerned as long as you have the lower stripped or not you are good to go..... The rest are just parts and could always buy parts because they were not part of the ban. There are enough Republicans and Dems to stop anything crazy because they know this will last only 4 year short years. We will overcome this with more change in 2012. Anybody need lowers??????? Just asking.

Scott

I could use one or two more lowers. What do you have?

I think we need to make imported Chinese toys safe for children before we worry about firearms! Unless of course the administration wants to ship me a free safe to help keep my firearms 'safe'.

"Child Proof". Guess the end have to verify your age via DNA or some big brother chip before they can fire the gun. Kinda like Judge Dredd. Morons.

I also didn't see much about, or anything come to think of it, about foreign affairs.... He's not Pro-Israel and I am wondering if it has to do with his religion.

Man, are we in for a treat the next four years. I can only continue writing Senators, Governors, Congressmen, etc. that will help if prodded enough but I don't have much faith in much of the American public to see him for what he is. A big fat liar.

His idea of a permanent ban will be retro-active if he has his way. I'm not sure how he expects to pull that off.

He said he'd put his faith before his country. C'mon! Oh, any luck with that US birth certificate everyone's been looking for? Just thought I'd check....

God speed to us all and no fighting for ammo at this weekends Gun show! :s0155:

...making guns in this country childproof.

When I have children I intend to make them RESPONSIBLE.

In the last 250 years what's changed is not the fact that we HAVE guns, but that people are not RESPONSIBLE with them, or more accurately that the media portrays guns as evil.

<childproof guns> = EPIC FAIL

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads