JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Pierce Morgan does not actively inform the viewers he is a british national while he bashes the 2nd Amendment. You have to google it to find out his citizenship.
Remember the "shot heard around the world". The british where going to take the guns away from the Massachusetts militia and Paul Revere rode to warn the militia so they could relocate the guns.
Pierce is stirring up strong memories of history. What he is doing is a big deal! He is using his influence to inact these gun control laws and so he puts himself up to be a target for political action.
Thanks HKFooey for starting this thread.

You don't see a solid argument because you misguidedly think that subversion is legally protected by the 1st amendment.

There are two issues here and I will try to make this simple for you.

1st - there is the issue that what he is doing is NOT protected under the 1st amendment (legal issue)
2nd - there is the issue that even if it was protected, his comments do not protect him from public opinion (non-legal issue)

So you can't really defend him either way. If we lose our 2nd amendment rights, how long do you think it will be before we lose our 1st?

"The government may not criminally punish noncitizens—or presumably impose civil liability on them—based on speech that would be protected if said by a citizen." FindLaw | Cases and Codes

There are two issues here and I will try to make this simple for you.

1st - there is the issue that what he is doing is NOT protected under the 1st amendment (legal issue)

2nd - there is the issue that even if it was protected, his comments do not protect him from public opinion (non-legal issue)

So you can't really defend him either way. If we lose our 2nd amendment rights, how long do you think it will be before we lose our 1st?

To your first point, you should stop saying that, you're wrong. What he's doing is in no way criminal.

To your second point, I actually agree with you. You also have the 1st amendment, same as him, to go online and sign a useless petition that pretty much translates to being an unreasonable d-bag as well. Your stance is seriously "I don't agree with you so git out!" If you want to put together an actual argument and say "Mr. Morgan is wrong, gun-control would only hurt this country because...", then you'd have my blessing.

Also I found it funny your example supreme court case was about protecting a guy trying to give a Pro-Marxist speech during the 70s. Really, they didn't let him in?

Same story, different tactic - can't convince him, so shut him up. That's kind of weak.

Sorry, you're dead wrong. I have no problem with him standing on a milk crate in the city park and saying whatever he pleases. But he's not. He's using a privileged position with access to the publicly owned airwaves. He has a special platform from which to spout his opinion. The FCC determines whether that is in the public interest or not:

The Supreme Court in 1943 affirmed the FCC's broad powers over the broadcasting industry * including its authority over programming content -- in its landmark ruling, National Broadcasting Co. v. United States.(14) This decision declared that the public interest standard is the touchstone of FCC authority; that the standard is not unconstitutionally vague; that the scarcity rationale justifies the public interest standard as well as content regulation; and that FCC license revocations and nonrenewals do not violate the First Amendment rights of broadcasters.

Sorry, you're dead wrong. I have no problem with him standing on a milk crate in the city park and saying whatever he pleases. But he's not. He's using a privileged position with access to the publicly owned airwaves. He has a special platform from which to spout his opinion. The FCC determines whether that is in the public interest or not:

So file a complaint to FCC. What's up with that deportation nonsense ?

So file a complaint to FCC. What's up with that deportation nonsense ?

I think my suggested remedies were as follows:

I believe the correct avenue is to be vocal about your concerns with his sponsors and his employers. Licenses to broadcast on the public airwaves are granted with the caveat that broadcasters operate in the public interest. Perhaps giving Mr. Morgan unfettered access to the public airwaves is not in the public interest. The FCC determines that. Write to them as well.

You didn't read them?

Pierce Morgan is a Threat to my Country and thus a threat to me and mine. His agenda is to undermind my/our freedoms and Change the Base of The Foundation that this Great Country is layed on. Of which he does not even belong. He is a Guest here. He has slapped every one of us in the face more than enough times already. He is a pompus *** who does not interview or debate he just yells and over talks his guest. His real purpose is multifold it is to create a diversion for the media and spread the anti-gun message over and over in your ear and to test how much we will put up with to judge us. He needs to go.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top