JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Guys, this is important. Instead of lashing out at people like Piers Morgan, we need to stay calm and in a very mild manner try to educate people. In this article, Piers is quoted as saying "If I do get deported from America for wanting fewer gun murders, are there any other countries that will have me?".

What Piers wants is fewer murders; less violence.

Each and every one of us agree with that sentiment. We want less violence and fewer murders as well.

The only problem with Piers' stance is that he (mistakenly, of course) thinks that gun control is equivalent to fewer violent murders.

Our best weapon in this fight against gun control is to (1) empathize and agree 100% with the idea of reducing violence / murders etc. Then, (2) show that gun control will not accomplish that goal. If you somehow were able to eliminate guns from society, you would have violent knife / baseball bat / screwdriver murders to fill the void. In other words, the violent murder rate would be roughly the same, but the weapon would change. Taking away guns will not curb people's violent nature.

Agreed

What he is doing is "Subversion". Someone from another country that is not a citizen may not come to this country and use a media/journalist position to do what he is trying to do. It is illegal and punishable by deportation. The petition is merely an attempt to draw attention to something that government should be doing without being asked to. He should be deported and go back to where he came from to face criminal charges that he is avoiding by hiding in America.

By definition, subversion is the act or an instance of subverting or overthrowing a legally constituted government, institution, etc.

As far as I can tell he's voicing his opinion which is shared by a lot of people. He's feeding the masses what they want to hear. That's not subversive, and I'm sure our current POTUS would agree since it's his agenda that's being pushed.

Just because he's from another country doesn't make his viewpoint any less valid. He's here legally and he pays his taxes and he's protected under the constitution just like a full citizen. Sure, he's an enormous d-bag but that isn't against the law (unfortunately).

It's funny that folks want to protect a non-citizen's "rights", but wants to take away our right to petition a deportation. A petition requires 25,000 signatures to force the government to address it. I believe the tally is just shy of 50,000 at this point and rising sharply. Firearms is what brings us all together on this site. We have the right to be offended. I wonder if we'd be so vigilant in protecting his "1A" rights if he were trying so hard to knock down women's right to vote or the freedom of slaves. Some "rights" can be shot down daily by the media that uses the same piece of paper to defend their own "right". Does it ever get old? Kip.

Amy I wrong? He is using his position as a supposed news man to try and take away my 2nd amendment rights. That is a subversive act that goes beyond mere opinion and is not protected by the 1st amendment. He is actively assaulting our constitution and should expect some consequences for that.
I think your interpretation of the 1st amendment is a bit idealistic. The 1st amendment does not grant you the right to say whatever you feel like without consequence.

have you watched msnbc or cnn they do it all the time

i liked this thread - point/counterpoint with interesting points from both.

i noted, with amusement, that the Piers/deport news is on their <broken link removed> , next to the Seahawks/49ers articles I hopped over to SFGate website to read.

I am trying to be patient with you. Mr. Morgan is engaging in political speech, activity outright protected by the 1st Amendment. His position has no bearing on whether this activity is protected or not. 1st Amendment also extends to non-citizens. So as long as he is not calling for violence against US Government, US citizens, or American gun owners, he is well within his rights.

Sure he is engaging in political speech... but so are the people signing the petition. Both are protected by the First Amendment. He can spout his gun control crap and we can say hey, we think you should get the hell out.

By definition, subversion is the act or an instance of subverting or overthrowing a legally constituted government, institution, etc.

As far as I can tell he's voicing his opinion which is shared by a lot of people. He's feeding the masses what they want to hear. That's not subversive, and I'm sure our current POTUS would agree since it's his agenda that's being pushed.

Just because he's from another country doesn't make his viewpoint any less valid. He's here legally and he pays his taxes and he's protected under the constitution just like a full citizen. Sure, he's an enormous d-bag but that isn't against the law (unfortunately).

i believe it is illegal because he is using his position as a "journalist" to voice his opinion. doing this on a national television show is much different than simply saying how he feels out on the street.

i believe it is illegal because he is using his position as a "journalist" to voice his opinion. doing this on a national television show is much different than simply saying how he feels out on the street.

i smile because i (and I'm sure many others) no more view him a journalist than WWF is an unstaged sport

Sure he is engaging in political speech... but so are the people signing the petition. Both are protected by the First Amendment. He can spout his gun control crap and we can say hey, we think you should get the hell out.

You have the legal right to petition whatever you like. That is your right and nobody is denying that.

But with that being said, there are no legal grounds for removal. A petition does not allow you to circumvent the law. You can have a million signatures, but none of it matters if no law has been broken.

All those petitions do is give the huddled masses a place to vent their spleens and think they've done a great thing for the country. Best case, it will get a one line note on the presidents mornng report that he reads over his morning coffee.

You have the legal right to petition whatever you like. That is your right and nobody is denying that.

But with that being said, there are no legal grounds for removal. A petition does not allow you to circumvent the law. You can have a million signatures, but none of it matters if no law has been broken.

All those petitions do is give the huddled masses a place to vent their spleens and think they've done a great thing for the country. Best case, it will get a one line note on the presidents mornng report that he reads over his morning coffee.

Yes that is exactly it, just like the petitions to secede that were popular last month this one is basically a way for people to make a political statement.

It is getting noticed by the media too, it popped up on my homepage news feed.

That is also one of the purposes of the Constitution - to protect minority against the tyranny of majority.

If you believe the constitution only spells out and protects natural god-given, irrevocable rights, then Morgan is also covered, even if his free speech is an attempt to undermine the same. I think he is POS scumbag who should be prosecuted for sedition or treason, but that's just my opinion.

If we could actually deport the people with opinions I disagree with there wouldn't be hardly anyone left in politics or media...Morgan is a d-bag, so are any number of other people on television. Part of their job is to say rediculous and salacious things just to get people spun up and keep ratings high. Are people honestly surprised this dunce is using his position to pander to the Left? Are you also aware water is wet?

What happened to freedom of speech ? Or you start your ten count with 2 ?

He does not believe in the Constitution. He does not believe in the 2nd ammendment anymore or less than the First. He'll happpily use your first ammendment to destroy your second ammendment though, huh.

"The second ammendment is "for the battleground", not hunting nor sporting. When one goes against the security of a Free state, which includes the security to its young ones, such as this 20 year old did in Sandy Hook. You are obligated to arm yourself & resist his tyranny. As much so as you are obligated to use the First ammendment & speak out against his deeds & all those that wish to disarm your ability to arm yourself against his tyranny. Either in arms or words.

You are in favor of what he wanted, as you wish to disarm any potential threat to the likes of him & your own desired environment, (gun free zones) which always leaves the weak incapable & unarmed to fight back against an agressor that is "well" armed.

Piers is a condescending, ignorant scumbag but everyone can say what the want; well, not people in the media. They are tightly controlled about what they say. Piers is just another gov/corp mouthpiece as part of the MSM.

There are those who have tried to step out the box and question things while addressing the masses on their boob tube and they have paid dearly for it. EVERYTHING you see on TV is filtered and controlled. Even shows that purport to 'challenge the system'. All programming. That is how Americans have been successfully brainwashed from childhood. That and government education of course.

It is the single reason people in the past, intellectually speaking, and more importantly the ability to think for themselves, walk all over the current crop of drones with their tech gadgets. Teens and 20-somethings have successfully been turned into tech-zombies.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top