JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What happened to freedom of speech ? Or you start your ten count with 2 ?

He has the freedom to say whatever he wants but those words are not free from consequences. He is using his position as a news show host to promote his anti-gun opinions. I don't think most Americans are comfortable with a Brit telling them that they shouldn't own guns. If Piers doesn't like guns then he should live somewere with fewer of them, England perhaps.

He can't both attack an amendment and hide behind another. Especially if he isn't even a citizen, and has no right to our Constitution.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

He can't both attack an amendment and hide behind another. Especially if he isn't even a citizen, and has no right to our Constitution.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Bill of Rights protects the rights of the people. It is true that we limited some of those protections (voting, gun ownership) when it comes to non-citizens, but it is only on
case by case basis. For instance, permanent residents have full gun rights like any other law abiding americans.

He has the freedom to say whatever he wants but those words are not free from consequences. He is using his position as a news show host to promote his anti-gun opinions. I don't think most Americans are comfortable with a Brit telling them that they shouldn't own guns. If Piers doesn't like guns then he should live somewere with fewer of them, England perhaps.

There are limitations for the 1st Amendment, but this is not one of such cases. I understand you may have an opinion that he should go back where he came from, since he doesn't share your values. But that is not
the same as demanding governmental actions. This very act indicates that either you don't fully understand what Constitution does, how it does it and why, or you are simply applying a double standard. Either way you
are wrong.

There are limitations for the 1st Amendment, but this is not one of such cases. I understand you may have an opinion that he should go back where he came from, since he doesn't share your values. But that is not
the same as demanding governmental actions. This very act indicates that either you don't fully understand what Constitution does, how it does it and why, or you are simply applying a double standard. Either way you
are wrong.

Amy I wrong? He is using his position as a supposed news man to try and take away my 2nd amendment rights. That is a subversive act that goes beyond mere opinion and is not protected by the 1st amendment. He is actively assaulting our constitution and should expect some consequences for that.
I think your interpretation of the 1st amendment is a bit idealistic. The 1st amendment does not grant you the right to say whatever you feel like without consequence.

Amy I wrong? He is using his position as a supposed news man to try and take away my 2nd amendment rights. That is a subversive act that goes beyond mere opinion and is not protected by the 1st amendment. He is actively assaulting our constitution and should expect some consequences for that.
I think your interpretation of the 1st amendment is a bit idealistic. The 1st amendment does not grant you the right to say whatever you feel like without consequence.

I am trying to be patient with you. Mr. Morgan is engaging in political speech, activity outright protected by the 1st Amendment. His position has no bearing on whether this activity is protected or not. 1st Amendment also extends to non-citizens. So as long as he is not calling for violence against US Government, US citizens, or American gun owners, he is well within his rights.

I am trying to be patient with you. Mr. Morgan is engaging in political speech, activity outright protected by the 1st Amendment. His position has no bearing on whether this activity is protected or not. 1st Amendment also extends to non-citizens. So as long as he is not calling for violence against US Government, US citizens, or American gun owners, he is well within his rights.

Thank you for your patience but what I really need from you is a little more thought. Piers is attempting to take away my rights so as a consequence of this action I am advocating that he GTFO of the country. I want to make it clear that I in no way think that Piers is doing anything illegal. His words are certainly protected by the 1st amendment. The 1st amendment does not protect him from the consequences of those words, agreed?

Michael Richards (Kramer from Seinfeld) went on an epithet laced tirade on stage. The 1st amendment protected him from any legal repercussions from that episode. It did not protect him from the consequences of such speech. Michael Richards' career was ruined because of his actions and I would like to see the same thing happen to Piers.

Make Sense?

Additionally – if you read the petition, it doesn't ask for his removal because he is asserting his 1st amendment rights. It asks for his removal because he is attacking our 2nd amendment rights. I know you think that I am applying a double standard but you are wrong. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Again I assert - you can't say whatever you want and not expect any consequences - Look at Michael Richards

Thank you for your patience but what I really need from you is a little more thought. Piers is attempting to take away my rights so as a consequence of this action I am advocating that he GTFO of the country. I want to make it clear that I in no way think that Piers is doing anything illegal. His words are certainly protected by the 1st amendment. The 1st amendment does not protect him from the consequences of those words, agreed?

Michael Richards (Kramer from Seinfeld) went on an epithet laced tirade on stage. The 1st amendment protected him from any legal repercussions from that episode. It did not protect him from the consequences of such speech. Michael Richards' career was ruined because of his actions and I would like to see the same thing happen to Piers.

Make Sense?

Additionally – if you read the petition, it doesn't ask for his removal because he is asserting his 1st amendment rights. It asks for his removal because he is attacking our 2nd amendment rights. I know you think that I am applying a double standard but you are wrong. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Again I assert - you can't say whatever you want and not expect any consequences - Look at Michael Richards

So if I am calling for a change of Constitution ("attacking" Constitution), I am not protected by the Constitution ? Interesting :)

So if I am calling for a change of Constitution ("attacking" Constitution), I am not protected by the Constitution ? Interesting :)

LOLOL not if you are not a citizen, did you just type what I think I read ???
I also do not have rights in IRAN, as a guest. This needs to really be looked at before jumping the gun.
He is a BRITISH citizen, not a USA citizen, he has no rights to tell anyone here how to do anything.

LOLOL not if you are not a citizen, did you just type what I think I read ???
I also do not have rights in IRAN, as a guest.
He is a BRITISH citizen, not a USA citizen.

I've addressed that already. Protections under Bill of Rights are extended to all people in the United States with very few narrow exceptions. There are even fewer exceptions when it comes to the permanent residents (what is
Mr. Morgan's actual immigration status ?). There is a number of Supreme Court decisions dealing with such type of discrimination. Finally, I am talking about the principle. I want people to speak freely in my country, even
if I disagree with what they are saying. OP obviously has a different stance, and is trying to escalate it.

What he is doing is "Subversion". Someone from another country that is not a citizen may not come to this country and use a media/journalist position to do what he is trying to do. It is illegal and punishable by deportation. The petition is merely an attempt to draw attention to something that government should be doing without being asked to. He should be deported and go back to where he came from to face criminal charges that he is avoiding by hiding in America.

Guys, this is important. Instead of lashing out at people like Piers Morgan, we need to stay calm and in a very mild manner try to educate people. In this article, Piers is quoted as saying "If I do get deported from America for wanting fewer gun murders, are there any other countries that will have me?".

What Piers wants is fewer murders; less violence.

Each and every one of us agree with that sentiment. We want less violence and fewer murders as well.

The only problem with Piers' stance is that he (mistakenly, of course) thinks that gun control is equivalent to fewer violent murders.

Our best weapon in this fight against gun control is to (1) empathize and agree 100% with the idea of reducing violence / murders etc. Then, (2) show that gun control will not accomplish that goal. If you somehow were able to eliminate guns from society, you would have violent knife / baseball bat / screwdriver murders to fill the void. In other words, the violent murder rate would be roughly the same, but the weapon would change. Taking away guns will not curb people's violent nature.

What he is doing is "Subversion". Someone from another country that is not a citizen may not come to this country and use a media/journalist position to do what he is trying to do. It is illegal and punishable by deportation. The petition is merely an attempt to draw attention to something that government should be doing without being asked to. He should be deported and go back to where he came from to face criminal charges that he is avoiding by hiding in America.

Thank you - I apparently was having difficulty articulating that point

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top