JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The WH has not expanded back ground checks yet they are looking into it - Significant difference. I dont like it either but call it what it is.

The WH has not expanded back ground checks yet they are looking into it - Significant difference. I dont like it either but call it what it is.
The emperor will continue to use his pen and his phone until Congress and the American people put an end to it...

Real question is how much more will be tolerated...

But then again we can clearly see his intentions, trample
On the United States Constitution, all the while allowing Islamic/Muslim extremists and terrorists into the country...

He's doing all he can to make his fathers dream a reality, in short order...

Agreed, this is a proposal only at this time. But, let's say Obama issues an executive order, it is still possible for congress to override it, even if it's not easy to do:

Congress cannot directly vote to override an executive order in the way they can a veto. Instead, Congress must pass a bill canceling or changing the order in a manner they see fit. The president will typically veto that bill, and then Congress can try to override the veto of that second bill. The Supreme Court can also declare an executive order to be unconstitutional. Congressional cancellation of an order is extremely rare.

The real question would be though, how it would apply to the states. Based on current law, the feds only have jurisdiction over certain aspects of gun sales, such as interstate transfers and NFA items. I don't know if the president, even with an executive order, has the authority to force states to expand BGC's. I guess that would have to be tested in the courts.

The emperor will continue to use his pen and his phone until Congress and the American people put an end to it...

Real question is how much more will be tolerated...

And how would you expect they do that, realistically? I don't think there is a chance in heck that the people, or congress will 'rise up' against him. Rather, we're stuck with him until January 2017. Our best hope is to look at the elections of 2016 - protect as many seats in congress as possible and keep Hillary out.

How many years/decades have we been warning about the Commie/Progressive destruction of the Bill of Rights?
I expect a muslim uprising to occur near the Pres. elections which will trigger Martial Law and the end of gun/ammo sales and the bearing of arms. A million arms a month have been sold for the past 7 years, mags and ammo should also be obtained, quickly.

Say he issues this decree, I wonder what the next step is to have some sort of way to ensure the 300 million+ privately owned firearms are not swapped at will. It's almost like they would need some sort of registry or registration if you will, to give some teeth.

I wonder what the next step would be after that. Hmmm

Say he issues this decree, I wonder what the next step is to have some sort of way to ensure the 300 million+ privately owned firearms are not swapped at will. It's almost like they would need some sort of registry or registration if you will, to give some teeth.

I wonder what the next step would be after that. Hmmm

Honestly the logistics of actually trying to enforce such a law is so far beyond his comprehension, as is the even further backlash against his anti-gun ways. I suspect if he passed such a law via executive order, we'd see gun sales and CHL/CC applications skyrocket again.

This guy must want us to have more guns. No one in their right mind would keep pushing such gun laws with this much fervor, knowing full well it just pisses of the American people, causing them to buy even more guns, unless it's actually what he wants.

Maybe when the nightmare of his presidency is over, we'll find out he was really a pro-gun guy all along :confused:

Well we know that in September here in OR, there were 222 person to person transfers that got a background check. Out of 18,000 gun sales. That means that people are ignoring the law or that only 1% of so of sales were ever NOT in gun stores... I think it is going to be interesting what he thinks he can do and what Alan Gura and Chuck Michael are going to do to him.

"WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama's advisers are finalizing a proposal that would expand background checks on gun sales without congressional approval."

when was the last time this liar in chief has NOT done an EO he said he was going to do.

He is going to change the definition of what makes someone a 'dealer' to a lower number of firearm sales. This will then require them to become an FFL and run background checks. This will effect the states that do not require a background check on private, non dealer, sales.

This does not worry me anywhere near as much as what I expect our Oregon legislature to do in a few months. Welcome to Northern California.

Honestly the logistics of actually trying to enforce such a law is so far beyond his comprehension, as is the even further backlash against his anti-gun ways. I suspect if he passed such a law via executive order, we'd see gun sales and CHL/CC applications skyrocket again.

This guy must want us to have more guns. No one in their right mind would keep pushing such gun laws with this much fervor, knowing full well it just pisses of the American people, causing them to buy even more guns, unless it's actually what he wants.

Maybe when the nightmare of his presidency is over, we'll find out he was really a pro-gun guy all along :confused:

In reality, he really hasn't done anything to stop us from buying guns. You might be on to something. Maybe he's a conservative acting like a liberal trying to destroy everything great about this nation, so people get so mad we will only elect true conservative types to restore and rebuild our country stronger because if the lessons we've learned from him.

Or he's just a dip bubblegum that is trying to upset and divide enough people to bring about a civil war.

Maybe he's a clueless puppet for the shadow government hell bent on creating a new world order, after we're in a fema camp. Then they use our private weapons/ammo to supply there troops. In order to make peace with the arabs they allow millions to come into our lands and cause chaos and destruction.

Or he holds stock in aluminum or brass company's and is setting up for a nice retirement.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top