JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Curious about this old thrift shop pick I have.
All I can find out is that its old and uses white gas for fuel... anyone know if its safe to use outdoors or if its just a paperweight? How do I clean it to make it functional?
Wards Riverside Safety Heater 61-8197

From what I can tell; the outer casing is for safety and the domed handled thing is the snuffer right? The material inside the fill hole is same as that on the mesh part so that would be the catalytic material?

20170830_212113.jpg 20170830_212123.jpg 20170830_212127.jpg 20170830_212145.jpg 20170830_212207.jpg

Outdoors, yes. DO NOT use it indoors. For that look into the Buddy Heater line for your safety.

Wow, nice score. Honestly no idea though.

May be worth a test for sure though. I would figure that it would outgas carbon monoxide (very bad news in enclosed space), only a guess though from looking at the pic of the catalytic element being frayed/dusty.

If there's flame there is carbon monoxide, if there's just a glow, there still may be carbon monoxide.

So a carbon monoxide detector is in order (even outside, until it's cleaned up/proved running well), but how to utilize one given y'all's hearing?.

I've only used catalytic heaters with the correct fuel. I spent 7 years in the RV industry and learned quite a bit from that.

Wow, nice score. Honestly no idea though.

May be worth a test for sure though. I would figure that it would outgas carbon monoxide (very bad news in enclosed space), only a guess though from looking at the pic of the catalytic element being frayed/dusty.

If there's flame there is carbon monoxide, if there's just a glow, there still may be carbon monoxide.

So a carbon monoxide detector is in order (even outside, until it's cleaned up/proved running well), but how to utilize one given y'all's hearing?.
I have a CO/smoke detector unit with a strobe light courtesy of apartment management

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top