JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All I know is I'm packing if I ever stay at a KOA...:D

Some kook like her is the kind who will get a gun fight started. She will walk up to someone who is carrying, holding a gun, nothing to identify her as anything other than some kook with a gun. This will get someone else to draw on her. She looks unstable enough to then start firing. This could turn into a huge mess very damn fast. Not to mention her "mode of carry" when she puts that gun away.

Okay, I broke weak and watched it. Nothing was directly referenced as being racist. The wife was somehow demeaned by the word, "git", which I always thought was just Mississippi for, "Please, do go away as I find your presence ever so bothersome".
Since there was no audio with the incomplete cell footage, I don't know what was said. I'm wondering if it's at all possible that the old lady felt threatened by the dog and maybe that's what prompted the draw? Seems a lot of folks out there see a Pit and immediately register 'man-eater'.

Fake racism news.

We lived next to a "True Crazy Katie" got Ten Very Long years. When we moved we couldn't directly tell the Buyers but we did make sure they knew. We spent several hours in Court and the Arresting Officer(Kinkey County SO) her "Official Rap Sheet"!!! Yep she had "Stabbed" her EX. but she tried to say she never heard of the Guy. I guess she figured Stabbing him 17 times simply made him disappear! Go Figure!!!:):):)

I too doubt it had anything to do with race but, the media loves a story like this. The woman with the gun should be in jail, and she should never be allowed to have a gun. She is the definition of a loose cannon.

There's no way of knowing, for sure. These days it seem that in a situation like this one it WILL be called racism because it's a Southern white woman with the gun and an African American couple. Then others will hear/read that and they will believe it's racism. There's always going to be racist people, just like the sun will always rise in the East. The problem these days is that you can't even discuss things without fear of being called racist. Maybe kind of like, back in the early fifties maybe, when certain speech and/or actions could have you labeled as a "Communist"?

There's no way of knowing, for sure. These days it seem that in a situation like this one it WILL be called racism because it's a Southern white woman with the gun and an African American couple. Then others will hear/read that and they will believe it's racism. There's always going to be racist people, just like the sun will always rise in the East. The problem these days is that you can't even discuss things without fear of being called racist. Maybe kind of like, back in the early fifties maybe, when certain speech and/or actions could have you labeled as a "Communist"?

I really don't care if she did not like black people. She was a kook who should not have a gun. The way she handles herself and the gun, shows me she should not have one.
If she really felt "threatened" she should have stayed inside and called for Police. Not walk up to those people with gun in hand, then jam the damn gun in a pocket like that. That she is white and they are black just makes it easier for the anti gun people to call it a race incident. It's a she should not have a gun incident.

This is true and I agree completely
However I firmly believe race was probably an influencing factor.
I mean look at the 'demographic' of the woman.....

Well of course. I this county, today, it has to be racism. Right?

I thought "White" campground is on the Snake River! ;)

America is ruled by petty tirants.

Where dem tire ants? :p;)

Exactly. Race doesn't need to be touted and made an example of constantly.. pushing a narrative that I don't think was a component in their confrontation.

Didn't seem to be, but that's the first thing so many offended people of color say... sooooo sensitive!!!

I'm guessing this constant, down your throat reporting is why so many whites that follow the herd apologize for the color of their skin being white.

Not me. It just pisses me off and makes me want to go ahead an act racist! Screw them!!!

Do you think she would have pulled a gun on a similarly described white couple? Man, Wife and Dog?

Who knows? Why don't you go ask her?

Yeah, I think she would. There are hotheads out there. And about 90% of these stories there is no racism component aside from the fact that they happen to be a different color from one another. These stories are constantly touted as some kind of pseudo proof there is racism when in reality both parties just happen to be different races. It grabs cheap attention and pushes a false narrative.

Did YOU see the video? The couple infers racism.. yet none was actually shown. And think about it.. recording and running to a news station.. in todays era what does that gain them? Often money.. this happens constantly when there was actually no racism that took place.

Do I agree the old lady was in the wrong to pull a gun in a non threatening situation; Duh, of course.. however ZERO actual proof of racism was shown and yet again we have an example of HALF a video recorded halfway through a confrontation showing one side. We have their side of the story sure.. not hers.. what was said beforehand? Even though she said nothing outwardly racist the couple infers it.. how many times have we seen that fabricated song and dance when it comes to racism stories?

Social media loves playing these types of games on low information types that eat stories like this up.

If there was true racist comments said by her, then of course Ill demonize her for that too.. but really she is just a hot-head.. I had a gun pulled on me this past fourth of July.. those types of people are out there.. its inexcusable and pathetic on their part. Its a level of instability that resides in MANY individuals..

Im making no defense or excuses of her hot head actions.. however all I see here is a news outlet and a couple pushing a false racism narrative when zero proof of racism was actually shown.

There is ether proof or there isn't
Had their entire video been shown proving something, at least then they'd have a point.. but this is the typical false narrative stuff that only spurs more victim mentality, hate and discontent.
Half stories and omitted facts to push agenda and narrative. It accomplishes nothing aside from folks reveling in their own self created hate and misery.

Well said!!!

All I know is I'm packing if I ever stay at a KOA...:D

But but but... KOA does not allow any kind of use of a firearm on their property!!!

What an old toad.

Never know when you might have to shoot some crazy old lady waving a wheelgun around.

What's with all this "old" bias? Ageism? Keep that up and I'll pull a gun on yer azz! ;)

Maybe kind of like, back in the early fifties maybe, when certain speech and/or actions could have you labeled as a "Communist"?

You mean like Crazy Bernie? Did your family have problems with Commie speech back in the 50s? :p;)

This is true and I agree completely
However I firmly believe race was probably an influencing factor.
I mean look at the 'demographic' of the woman.....

WTF? All southern old white women are racists? Especially those Mississippi witches? Bigoted much???

You mean like Crazy Bernie? Did your family have problems with Commie speech back in the 50s? :p;)

I only know from what I'd heard or read. I was born in 1955 and grew up in the Salt Lake Valley. We were never taught to duck and cover, or any such thing that I remember.

I only know from what I'd heard or read. I was born in 1955 and grew up in the Salt Lake Valley. We were never taught to duck and cover, or any such thing that I remember.

Lol! I was born in 1952 in East Los Angeles and was raised in Pomona CA. Went to a Catholic elementary school and hiding under the desk was a regular drill. I always thought it was pretty stupid to think that we could survive an atomic blast by duck and cover.

When I was in Jr High, some guys came around pushing lit that was sorta appealing. When I found out that the back of the literature had The John Birch Society on it, I refused any more contact.

Fired and jailed, how're are those golden years treatin' y'all?

Life is hard, it's even harder when your stupid.

$500 bond and out. I'll bet she didn't spend more than 2 hours in jail. Gotta love the smug smirk in the mugshot.

Can't fix stupid. :rolleyes:

Love this line,
{"She jumped out and the gun was pointed at me, my husband and our dog," Richardson said. "It was just pointing at us. One finger was on the trigger, the other finger was on the lever of the revolver."}
Sad how little so many know of anything gun. Unless there is some new wheel gun with a lever action.
As for this kook, it's only a misdemeanor. She will at worst get a wrist slap. The way she was acting I would not want her to be allowed with a gun again. Hopefully no other place like this will ever hire her again. That little bit of authority she had sure as hell went to her head. People like her are dangerous. She could EASILY have started a shoot between a couple people acting like that.

When I was in school in the early 60's we were taught that same crap. Even as a kid I thought it was quite the joke. They showed us some film of what a blast did. I would look at that desk and say to myself you have got to be out of your mind to think this is going to do any good.

"One finger was on the trigger, the other finger was on the lever of the revolver."
Sad how little so many know of anything gun. Unless there is some new wheel gun with a lever action.

A lever is defined as something used to assist with the movement of another object. Leverage.

Leverage or using the hammer spur as a lever would seem appropriate.

Considering how some now think 'full semi auto' is a term and how silencers go 'pew-pew', I'd say this woman was pretty spot on.

:Do_O

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads