Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Whitch is better ???

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by gunspider54, Mar 8, 2011.

1. gunspider54

gunspider54 wash. state New Member

Hello, I have a chance to pick up a couple handguns at about the same price, One is an Springfield XD 9 mm the other is a Smith and Wesson model 539?? 9mm. whitch is the better buy an why ?? and help is welcome.

2. uban77

uban77 Maui, HI. Luck favors the prepared.

S&W M&P45

3. gunspider54

Its not an m&p. I think he said it was a model 539

4. buick455

buick455 se portland Member

the xd's are a good gun and usually a good value at around $400 used and only slightly more new because the prices dropped when the XD(m)'s came out

the 539 is old school S&W all steel gun which means it's heavier than an xd and it will also be harder to find mags and holsters for BUT I would buy one if the price is right and the condition is good because they're cool

the xd is a great range gun and a great workhorse mine is very accurate and has had no issues but it's kinda boring

5. DinhRose

DinhRose Austin, Texas (Ex-Pat of SE PDX) Active Member

If you want a modern gun with possibility for upgrade and affordable aftermarket parts then the XD is the way to go. The 539 is a solid weapon. It really comes down to whether you like the striker fire or the hammer fire gun. Honestly, if you can get the 539 for cheaper then get that one since i personally think it has a better feel to it.

6. uban77

no he really wants a 45 acp. Keep your eyes on the watch. You want the S&W M&P 45.:winkkiss:

7. gunspider54

Do you have an M&P 45 for sale ??

8. zane

zane Vancouver, WA Member

If you already have other modern pistols, get the S&W because it's a cool old pistol. But if you're looking for something practical for carry or defense I'd go with the XD.

9. uban77

No not one to sale.