JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well? Is there anything you'd like to get shipped to your house on your C&R while you still can?

I've always wanted a Star Model B in 9x19, put a bid in on one on Gunbroker.

What are you ordering while you can?

No money to buy at the moment :(

I'm still waiting to see some sort of 'official' review of the C&R in Oregon. It seems that there is a potential for a loophole if you're buying from out of state, shipping to you. I don't know myself, and would rather not be a test case, but, I'm holding out hope. I know Prozanski says it applies, but reading the text makes me wonder.

It would be curious, once it goes fully into effect, what will happen if you were to try and buy from an out-of-state, online C&R dealer. If they have no restrictions themselves shipping to an Oregon C&R buyer, would they or could they be prosecuted if 941 does prohibit the transaction? Are you in trouble if an 01 FFL sends a C&R gun to you directly from out of state? It's something I'm curious to know more about. So far, it's been speculation and interpretation by some political and legal entities, but I've yet to hear clear cut response from an authority.

Hoping for a fix to all this in the next legislative session.

Well, the next session is a shorter session in 2016, usually reserved for budget stuff, not for new or revised legislation. And I can't say I see any of the current legislators getting anything fixed there. I'm more hopeful that the 2016 election will see a lot of folks that will wake up to what their voting action or inaction did this time around and we can hopefully see some balance restored. Then, maybe we could see something changed, though it's probably too much to hope that 941 will be reversed.

They included a lifetime supply of cosmoline!
tExGVlD.jpg

This also came with it. I have to say, worst tasting scotch I've ever had.

View attachment 249817
I tried to clean one of those out one time to hold booze. I ended up giving up because the damn thing would not come clean. Bolus you need to get a sonic cleaner and just leave them both in there for several hours. Or hang them in the oven and cook the cosmoline out on super low temp.

Oh, and I am disappointed you didn't mill that SKS receiver yourself or wittled the stock from a wood blank or something.

I tried to clean one of those out one time to hold booze. I ended up giving up because the damn thing would not come clean. Bolus you need to get a sonic cleaner and just leave them both in there for several hours. Or hang them in the oven and cook the cosmoline out on super low temp.

Oh, and I am disappointed you didn't mill that SKS receiver yourself or wittled the stock from a wood blank or something.

I have a sonic cleaner but it does not get off cosmoline. I soaked the SKS in mineral spirits in the garage for about a week to get it clean. That still only turned the cosmoline into chocolate pudding. But it was easier to clean off.

The wood stock is pretty much trashed though. It has knots in the wood that have rotted out and is soaked through with the cosmoline. No amount of sanding will fix that.

ah, but I have secrets... I have a SKS wood stock Im making which will have inlay, plus I have that Beretta pm12s kit and a cetme kit so Im going to have to figure out how to weld here pretty soom.

With 941 I'm pretty much done buying firearms, I will just make them now.

I have a sonic cleaner but it does not get off cosmoline. I soaked the SKS in mineral spirits in the garage for about a week to get it clean. That still only turned the cosmoline into chocolate pudding. But it was easier to clean off.

The wood stock is pretty much trashed though. It has knots in the wood that have rotted out and is soaked through with the cosmoline. No amount of sanding will fix that.

ah, but I have secrets... I have a SKS wood stock Im making which will have inlay, plus I have that Beretta pm12s kit and a cetme kit so Im going to have to figure out how to weld here pretty soom.

With 941 I'm pretty much done buying firearms, I will just make them now.
I KNEW IT! Old man Bolus sitting on his porch in the rocker whittling a rifle stock.:D
9037705_f496.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads