JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I don't know how many of you guys out there are into Short Wave (listening), but there's always tons of interesting things going on out there. Everything from religious broadcasting, propaganda radio, news, and even today, still quite a few pirate radio stations. Many of these transmit in everything from AM voice, to SSTV (slow scan television). Voice is the most accessible to most people. But there are plenty of digital radio programs that you can simply hook your radio up to the audio port on your computer and decode the signal.

Either way, I found this interesting:

With the FCC in shutdown, pirates hit the air | The SWLing Post

I noted at least seven pirate radio loggings here in North America on Wednesday, October 1–the first day of the US government shutdown. This is a remarkable number of pirate loggings for a weekday night.

I then saw a message from Ragnar Daneskjold, pointing to the FCC’s printed plan for an “Orderly Shutdown Due to Lapse of Congressional Appropriations” and this quote, in particular:

“FCC activities other than those immediately necessary for the protection of life or property will cease.”

So I’m sure, as one SWLing Post reader pointed out, pirates will “play while the (FCC) cat is away.”

During the US government shutdown, expect extra pirate activity weekday nights between 6920-6970 kHz.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top