JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It is very difficult to camouflage an ordinary vehicle! Doing it with a motor home or trailor is exponentially harder. I've camouflaged a lot of deuce and 1/2's and Howitzers back in the day. They are painted to blend into the theater of war that they occupy and carry cammo nets and pioneer tools to dig and grass them in. To my eye we were never successful enough! Always felt like if the balloon went up in Korea a Mig would shortly give us one of the best, right up the rump! Good luck in making your decision! Whatever you decide have fully functional bug out bags aboard.

A motorhome or trailer is a sure target in a lawless land.
They have no armor. Very easy to penetrate with a baseball bat..

the conventional white trailers; yes. but Rich's Portable Cabins are made the same way a home is made; with the added bonus of having actual wood sidings on both sides of the 2x4s.... at least, according to these photos. yes they are a MUCH MUCH heavier vehicle than your typical motor home/conventional RV trailer; and requires the use of a suitably heavy duty truck... I would think these are better options than a motor home/conventional RV trailer, in that they're built the SAME way a normal house is built.
https://plus.google.com/photos/104317431054100893074/albums/5526320117168622177?banner=pwa

as for big backpacks? eh. if you're in shape, sure..But I would go for a handcart/trailer/use of bicycles to carry extra loads and take load off your back...the bicycles/ATV/Motorcycle could be used to make quick get-aways or scouting/food acquisition vehicles, while you do not need to break your backs over the long term with 50-80 pounds of gear.... I myself am thinking of getting one of those golf bag carrier things with larger wheels so I can strap a duffel bag to it that can carry 80 pounds of equipment/gear over most terrain. I do have a bike trailer project that uses 24" wheelchair wheels; but it's more for roads, unless I flip it upside down and get the load platform as high as possible.

with the same trailer/cart, you could in theory have a dog or dog team haul it for you and the nice thing is that dogs will also make good guards for some...

EDIT:
for those who WILL say but wheeled carts dont do good in the woods; what about these game meat carts people use when hunting? ;) theres a somewhat similar analogy....have you seen people walking PDX airport with the large suitcase on their backs? no?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top