JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
AI = Accuracy International.

<broken link removed>

Probably the most popular magazine for DBM systems for it's reliability.

For Howa, I would buy a 1500 heavy varmint barreled action (.308s come in both blued and stainless with a 1:10 twist) and put it in a Bell and Carlson stock with a CDI DBM.

Basically a clone of this: <broken link removed>

Tikka T3 1:11 twist, shooting 168G Sierra match BTHP w/a Leupold CDS "Firedot" 40mm scope w/custom .308 dial..Sea level - 4000'/35°-75.. easy, accurate and affordable... good to 600 yds/6" group if you do your part.. less than 1200.00.. just sayin', .500" group @ 100yds...

As other have said, if you are starting from scratch spend some time and watch the Sniper 101 YouTube series that other have recommended. Even for someone with some knowledge they are useful. The guy who does them is down to earth, no non sense character. He isn't bias and gives you some great ideas on how to pick the best caliber to suit what you want to do. Heck, I changed my Savage .22-250 to a 7mm08 because of those videos.

I glass beded a 300 win mag ruger 77 and got a sub 1'' gun. But not from the factory.

Just for accuracy I like tikka. My master sporter 308 is as accurate as my friends $5000 Blaser. And unlike other long guns it shoots a hole. Not a group or clover leaf. Used Tikka master sporters are out there for about $1000. I beded the aluminum action anchor to the stock. That's it for alterations. The flat action lays on the block and mechanicly engages the aluminum block with a simple lug in hole lockup. The barrel floats. Savage is another good starting point also. Back in the old 50's gun adds they were savage/Anschutzs.

Pics. are of a Sako TRG 22 and a Tikka Master sporter. And the pretty one is my master sporter I bought from a NFA member.

That master sporter is gorgeous. You wanna sell it :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top