JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone have experience using older scopes in the PNW climate? Now that I'm past 40 (in my kids' eyes I'm ancient) my eyes don't do well at 200+ yards with iron sights. I also don't want to use a modern scope on a classic rifle and ruin the nostalgic fun. I am willing to accept a performance penalty compared to modern scopes but don't want one which will fog up at 80F/60%. I am willing to look for one (probably 4x or 6x) that has been cleaned and re-sealed if necessary.

Old RedFields, Zeiss, Leica, Nikon, pentax, and others can be had for reasonable prices, can be re sealed and tested at a nominal cost, and they work quite well!
Im a YUGE fan of old Red Fields, and they have all held up quite well since re sealed, and for that nice custom Mauser Sporter, nothing beats a vintage Zeiss!:)

Iron Sight had a 15-18 month repair estimate when they updated their website in 2017. I believe I'll buy one from Vintage Gun Scopes that has already been cleaned and resealed. Thanks everyone.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top