JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which type of stock do you prefer on lever guns?

• Pistol Grip

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Straight stock

Votes: 29 67.4%

• Total voters
Reactions
Which one do you like better, why? The photo below is just for visual reference, nothing to to do with the specific guns.

Marlins.jpg

I like the look and feel of a straight stock..they tend to handle and point fast for me...so that got the vote.

That said...

The straight stock on some eras of the Winchester 94 Carbine , do not fit me well and can get uncomfortable when shooting for an extended time period.

So while I have owned both...I prefer the straight stock for looks and feel...but the nod goes to the pistol grip stock of the Marlin 36 and 336 series of rifles , if I plan on shooting a lot...
At least for me.

I have shot some original Winchester models
'73
'94
And the Model 64 with a pistol grip , I do like those as well.
Andy

I like the look and feel of a straight stock..they tend to handle and point fast for me...so that got the vote.

That said...

The straight stock on some eras of the Winchester 94 Carbine , do not fit me well and can get uncomfortable when shooting for an extended time period.

So while I have owned both...I prefer the straight stock for looks and feel...but the nod goes to the pistol grip stock of the Marlin 36 and 336 series of rifles , if I plan on shooting a lot...
At least for me.

I have shot some original Winchester models
'73
'94
And the Model 64 with a pistol grip , I do like those as well.
Andy

Way to commit, Andy.... :rolleyes:

:s0140:;)

At least for me.

Straight on a 94, pistol grip on the 336.

I agree with you both and considered adding "other" or "depends on rifle" to the poll but that would go nowhere, so I went to the two choices only in hopes to "force" a decision.

Pistol grip? Wouldn't that make them full lever action repeating assault rifles? Where does the 30 caliber magazine clip go?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top