Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Which type of stock do you prefer on lever guns?

Which type of stock do you prefer on lever guns?

• Pistol Grip

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Straight stock

Votes: 25 69.4%

• Total voters

AndyinEverson

Reactions
I like the look and feel of a straight stock..they tend to handle and point fast for me...so that got the vote.

That said...

The straight stock on some eras of the Winchester 94 Carbine , do not fit me well and can get uncomfortable when shooting for an extended time period.

So while I have owned both...I prefer the straight stock for looks and feel...but the nod goes to the pistol grip stock of the Marlin 36 and 336 series of rifles , if I plan on shooting a lot...
At least for me.

I have shot some original Winchester models
'73
'94
And the Model 64 with a pistol grip , I do like those as well.
Andy

I like the look and feel of a straight stock..they tend to handle and point fast for me...so that got the vote.

That said...

The straight stock on some eras of the Winchester 94 Carbine , do not fit me well and can get uncomfortable when shooting for an extended time period.

So while I have owned both...I prefer the straight stock for looks and feel...but the nod goes to the pistol grip stock of the Marlin 36 and 336 series of rifles , if I plan on shooting a lot...
At least for me.

I have shot some original Winchester models
'73
'94
And the Model 64 with a pistol grip , I do like those as well.
Andy

Way to commit, Andy.... :rolleyes:

:s0140:;)

OP
titsonritz

titsonritz

Reactions
At least for me.
Straight on a 94, pistol grip on the 336.
I agree with you both and considered adding "other" or "depends on rifle" to the poll but that would go nowhere, so I went to the two choices only in hopes to "force" a decision.

I just figure that Marlins are solid tops and if I were to commit the heresy of scoping a lever gun, it would be a marlin with a low powered scope. The ergonomics of an less-open grip are better for a scope.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Rangemaster Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I have done business with Jeff for many years,he is trustworthy and honest
    • grpolarbear
  • Rangemaster Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I've known him from the beginning. I trust him completely. His prices are fair. He is technically competent in all aspects of gunsmithing and...
    • OLDMANWINTER
  • Country Line Shooting Sports
    5.00 star(s)
    If you like a good mom and pop, country store, County Line only lacks the cracker barrel and chairs to be damn near perfect. They try and for the...
    • CptPh0t0n
  • Brimstone Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    David is kind, considerate and a true professional as are the rest of his staff ! Thanks
    • LuLuBelle
  • Brimstone Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    Back in April, I had Brimstone do a Tier 1 trigger job for my 10/22 race gun build. After months of use and a handful of speed steel events, I...
    • Mister Bisley

Staff online