JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which state has the best gun laws?

• Alaska

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Washington

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Idaho

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Montana

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Oregon

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Nevada

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Utah

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Arizona

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Wyoming

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
aside from concealed carry permit requirements, OR follows the federal minimum... the only way we could have better gun laws would be if we had "constitutional carry" or decided to collectively ignore federal regulation (wistful sigh)

I vote Alaska but Vermont is 97.

state scores

Alaska 98
Washington 78
Idaho 89
Montana 87
Oregon 81
Nevada 87
Utah 83
Arizona 89
Wyoming 89

So much for the UNITED States of America, when your next door neighbor has a completely separate set of laws than you. Better ones at that, all except pumping your own gas, points and laughs at Oregon ;)

There's a few things that I'd change with Oregon's laws. Allow CC without a permit, add a parking lot storage law, and get rid of the asinine prohibition of carrying a loaded firearm on an ATV. I'm sure there's other things too.

The areas most states outscore Oregon is because of of the gun show laws and not honoring any other states concealed carry permits. Oregon's laws aren't bad.

So much for the UNITED States of America, when your next door neighbor has a completely separate set of laws than you. Better ones at that, all except pumping your own gas, points and laughs at Oregon ;)

Go ahead and pump you own gas, we gots SBR's and AOW short shotty's down here in Oregon and YOU in WA don't... and I use Pacific Pride and pump my own anyway... HA HA!!!

I voted Alaska, for this reason:

A lot of states have "good laws", except certain urban regions have very different attitudes towards guns. In Alaska, I believe things are far more uniformly pro-gun across the state. Alaska rocks!

I do not like Oregon's law requiring background checks for all guns sold at gun-shows. The deals and trades that used to go on at the shows have been severely hampered by this law. Instead of holding criminals accountable for illegally buying a firearms that they are prohibited to possess, they punish law abiding citizens who sell on good faith that others...

Alaska laws have always been very good to me. With the federal law now saying that the carrying of a firearm in a national park is governed by the state's laws, I can carry my guide gun through the national parks. No more unloading and loading all the time. Much safer...

I do not like Oregon's law requiring background checks for all guns sold at gun-shows. The deals and trades that used to go on at the shows have been severely hampered by this law. Instead of holding criminals accountable for illegally buying a firearms that they are prohibited to possess, they punish law abiding citizens who sell on good faith that others...

Alaska laws have always been very good to me. With the federal law now saying that the carrying of a firearm in a national park is governed by the state's laws, I can carry my guide gun through the national parks. No more unloading and loading all the time. Much safer...

if your a good clean hard working american then getting a background check shouldnt be a problem should it??? how is that punishment?

if your a good clean hard working american then getting a background check shouldnt be a problem should it??? how is that punishment?

since when can only "good clean hard working Americans" speak? or have privacy? or be protected by the umbrella of due process? or be protected from having troops quartered in his home? or have the right to a jury trial? or be protected from cruel and unusual punishment?

im pretty sure EVERY American is entitled to ALL of these.... wait, somethings missing...

Because in the state of Oregon, it costs $10 (and as of July 1, apparently will cost $26). It is obnoxious and time consuming, not to mention that the government is charging me to exercise a constitutionally guaranteed right to keep and bear arms. They used to be entertaining gatherings where friends met to trade and BS about guns. It's no longer as congenial as it used to be. Some people no longer come to trade because they don't want the hassle or the cost of the mandated background check...

BKB00000 im not going to waist my time any more then i already am by not responding to you. and

mountian bear you bring up a good point it do take some time and is a pain. but like you said its a place for friends and people with common intrests to get together. so wats wrong with spending a few more min to BS with people. and the ten bucks for most (if not all) people that buy guns is not gonna make or break a deal. but if it means that people that shouldnt have guns dont have them im all for it. cause i think somewhere in being a felon means that you will break laws....

since when can only "good clean hard working Americans" speak? or have privacy? or be protected by the umbrella of due process? or be protected from having troops quartered in his home? or have the right to a jury trial? or be protected from cruel and unusual punishment?

im pretty sure EVERY American is entitled to ALL of these.... wait, somethings missing...

You forgot being presumed innocent until proven guilty.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top