JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm in the market for a new tactical semi-auto 12G shotgun. I currently have a Remington 870 Tactical that I'm hoping to trade or sell to get an auto loading shotgun.

The most difficulty I am having is finding a model that can shoot 2.75" shells and 3" shells without having to change parts on it. It would be nice if there were one that fired 3.5" as well but it at least needs to shoot the other two. The other condition is that I am looking for one under $600.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

Your best bet would be a Mossberg 930 SPX. It would easily outperform any pump action shotgun, and be much easier and faster to shoot, due to the reduced recoil and the gas operated semiauto action.

maoosturne.gif

7700554130_7264d4016b_b.jpg

Just keep it loaded in a nearby corner for when bad guys show up:

mossberg930spx.jpg

I do have an MD arms 20 rnd drum but I modified my steel folding stock so it closes with with the 12 rnd drum for close quarters work ;)

& its a GAS GUN it doesn't kick back or hurt my shoulder AT ALL...
I have videos of kids, first time shooters shooting skeet with this punk...dont be skeerd
saiga1.jpg

Last Edited:
I just gave my Saiga 12 to my oldest daughter, she shoots it like an old pro,,, all the while grinning madly! That said, she also took my .338 rem magnum from live warm hands and doesn't mind the recoil from that either, especially after downing six Elk in six shots

I love the saiga's never fail ability to deliver down range. Yes there may be both cheaper and more expensive platforms out there, but when comes to semi auto shotguns, my nod goes to it.

Sadly, further importation of the Saiga 12 has been banned. So if the OP decides that he wants one, getting one sooner, rather than later, would be best. In a few years, even used Saigas will no doubt become very expensive to buy, due to supply and demand.

A regular semiauto shotgun would be fully adequate to meet any legitimate self-defense needs, though. A Saiga would only come in handy if total anarchy and rioting took place, which is rather doubtful.

I do have an MD arms 20 rnd drum but I modified my steel folding stock so it closes with with the 12 rnd drum for close quarters work ;)

& its a GAS GUN it doesn't kick back or hurt my shoulder AT ALL...
I have videos of kids, first time shooters shooting skeet with this punk...dont be skeerd

:D They'll give you a bit of a poke with a 1600FPS 1oz slug. Follow-ups with
birdshot or low recoil buck are very smooth though.

Benelli m4.

It has the controls that really work for me. Simple and intuitive.

Please consider the controls when you make your choice. Handle them before you buy. You may need this in a hurry. And you don't want to fight your gun and the bad guy.

An AK based shotgun would work for me also.

Last Edited:
Sadly, further importation of the Saiga 12 has been banned. So if the OP decides that he wants one, getting one sooner, rather than later, would be best. In a few years, even used Saigas will no doubt become very expensive to buy, due to supply and demand.

yes the Saiga's will increase in value, they already have! because there are NO more, However that being said you will be able still buy a 12ga Kalashnikov brand soon.
A company called RWC is looking for ground in fla to open a new factory they have the rights to reproduce the kalashnikov line this was announced at the shot show

and they apparently have plans to offer an AK in 9mm ....now thats Im waiting for :D I have 7.62 and 12 ga already, a 9mm AK would be great, I already reload 9mm for my pistols
http://money.cnn.com/2015/01/20/news/kalashnikov-made-in-usa/index.html

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads