1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Which Semi-Auto Shotgun for Defense?

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by skydiver, Feb 10, 2012.

1. skydiver

skydiver Sandy,OR Well-Known Member

After years of shooting semi-auto pistols and rifles, I'm programmed during stress for semi-auto trigger pull.
    I found this out during a 3 gun match.
    When it came time to transition to the shotgun I forgot to pump it!
    Sooooo...what's the best (reliable, etc.) semi-auto shotgun in your opinion?

Thanks and Blue Skies!
    mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

3. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

I think you would be hard pressed to find a better semi auto shot gun than Benelli
    The #1 duck/goose gun and I believe theirs is a favorite for trap and skeet where semis are aloud,and I know the M4? is a big favorite in your type competition.....as long as a $2000(- a few buck) is not a problem.

I never did do any good with a pump so I just don't bother.
  4. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

But stupid thing about Benelli M4 is, you can't add full size magazine tube without putting 3 other U.S made parts. (easy swap/purchase)

So you are spending another 300+ on already expensive shotgun. Though for 2012 Benelli came out with M4/H2O that has factory adjustable stock (mil-spec) and factory full magazine tube. It's going to be more expensive then regular M4.

FN SLP MARK II is also good semi auto shotgun.