JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For me it was my service issued 1911. Two bad guys were sneaking up on me and my radio and then they weren't. I had no idea that I could shoot that fast and accurately. Today, it is either of my Glocks. For me, rapid fire has to have a rhythm that involves target identification, proper draw without looking for the weapon, stance, center of mass or bullseye and finally, breathe, relax, aim, take up the slack and squeeze. Then again and again and again.

Haven't read every post, but this might not be as simple as it seems.

Are talking firearms that helped developed the skills to shoot at speed or just a gun that helped you shoot fast due to the gun's features? Not necessarily the same thing. Also, what kind of accuracy? Plate rack at 10 yards, or just getting on full sized silhouette at 5 yds? VERY different.

If you're just talking pure speed...it would likely be something like a .22 semi-auto due to minimal recoil.

Now if you're talking shooting at speed with a centerfire, that's a bigger issue, as you add recoil control to the mix.

Of the numerous handguns fired over the years, three in particular come to mind:

- Full size steel frame 1911 in 9mm, as with lighter target ammo (115 -124 FMJ stuff), very light recoil and ad to that the 1911 trigger system.
- Glock 34...this has been a top choice for a loooonnng time.
- Sig 228 - for an older, metal frame 'duty' style pistol, it returns right back on target in my hands, probably more than any other. And with target FMJ ammo, it's got really light recoil.

If you're talking specific firearms that develop skills...probably .22's working on the fundamentals, TDA (traditional double action) pistols working through the DA trigger manipulation, and just decent practice.

Boss

Last Edited:
This one can be shot very fast, very accurately. No recoil, suppressed the sound of the action cycling is the loudest part (Pfffft, clickity-clack, pfffft, clicky-clack), and with the stock extended it is a very little rifle.

skorp2-jpg.722121

Practical? Yes, no, maybe. (I still don't completely comprehend this thread. Giggle.)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top