JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My first Ruger was an original, maybe even before they started calling them MKI, been so long not sure. I bought it in the Early 70's and it had been WELL used. I still LOVED that little pistol. Even with fixed sights I could do great with it. After I bought a MKII of the 22/45 style I let someone talk me out of that Ruger that by then had to have had a train car load of ammo run through it. Still worked great. Often miss it. Even though the grip is very different between the original and the 22/45 series I have always loved either. Probably just because I have such fond memories of untold hours with that first one. The MK's and the 10/22 will always be favorites of mine. Couple of Bills greatest ideas. The trigger and the no recoil to speak of have made them fantastic teaching tools. Many a new shooter that came to me for help learned to love the little Rugers. As my eye's have gotten older now the optics are a godsend for me. Make me look like I can still shoot well :)
I think you just call them a 'Standard' I still have mine, I think my Grand Dad bought it new, left it to me. #60777.

My best shooter is an S&W 4053. This single stack .40 caliber gun is built on a .45 frame and not on a 9mm frame like so many .40s.

The worst is an S&W 4046. The 4046, a double stack and a newer addition to my Gen3 collection, has always been a problem. I'm afraid it needs a new barrel, but I'm not willing to invest more money into this gun.

For me, my 1911's, Sig 220 (9mm) and my Sig 239 357sig are the best shooting.
I had a Bersa .380 for a while and it was a boring shooter, but hit the mark every time.
Recently picked up a Dan Wesson revolver in .357, it is a smooth shooting gun for sure.

Worst shooting... Glock 23. Ug... It did not fit my hands well (most Glocks don't) and I had to forcefully hold the front sight down and to the left. if I wanted to hit the upper center of mass, I needed to aim at the right pelvis. I have never had to do that with another handgun ever. First time I fired it, completely missed paper and was high and to the right, hit the ceiling of the range. Yeah, that was not good. Traded it away.

For me, my 1911's, Sig 220 (9mm) and my Sig 239 357sig are the best shooting.
I had a Bersa .380 for a while and it was a boring shooter, but hit the mark every time.
Recently picked up a Dan Wesson revolver in .357, it is a smooth shooting gun for sure.

Worst shooting... Glock 23. Ug... It did not fit my hands well (most Glocks don't) and I had to forcefully hold the front sight down and to the left. if I wanted to hit the upper center of mass, I needed to aim at the right pelvis. I have never had to do that with another handgun ever. First time I fired it, completely missed paper and was high and to the right, hit the ceiling of the range. Yeah, that was not good. Traded it away.
I don't own a Glock Compact (19, 23, 32) because of the grip. I like the SC (26, 27, 33) and can tolerate full size. Odd that so many love the Compact frame …. except you and me.

Best = Anything with a good trigger that I can get a good grip on. I feel like proficiency with as many firearms as possible is key. I try to get my hands on everything out there.

Worst = Anything I can't do above. I'm not the most proficient with big bore revolvers - but I feel that will improve over time. Muscle memory differs for every gun.

Overall I can say that any long-slide, full-steel framed semiauto shoots flatter and has better recoil mitigation than a smaller gun with a polymer frame. Which will always be snappier IMHO.

Last Edited:
Hate tiny guns, owned a few over the years. Never did well with them. Have big man hands, not lady hands.
like big guns, all steel,in the only decent calibers, 44 , 45, 40, 10, 357. Keep your 9mm I have no use for them.

(Let the turdstorm begin)

Hate tiny guns, owned a few over the years. Never did well with them. Have big man hands, not lady hands.
like big guns, all steel,in the only decent calibers, 44 , 45, 40, 10, 357. Keep your 9mm I have no use for them.

(Let the turdstorm begin)

I hear you on this one, all the way. However, I can't pull off any sort of concealment with a ~5lb gun tearing my belt off :D

My VP9 seems to shoot itself. I am not a killer long range shooter like some people here, but running drills with it at 7-10 yards it seems to go and hit where I want it with almost 0 effort.

I shoot my Beretta 92fs compact the best. I shoot my Glock 19/23 the worst.

To be fair, the 92fs has the D spring and the wolff trigger spring, and I can shoot it single action.

The Glocks have the minus (-) disconnector and the internals have been polished and oiled where needed. Both Glocks also have the smooth face trigger.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top