JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Savage-10-FCP-SR-1-1024x404.jpg

For you guys that might be thinking about one of these, the specs are; 3.5X15X50 with 1/8 INCH TRUE (not m.o.a.) windage turret, 120 MIL elevation with 10 TRUE MOA per full turn, and true parallax correction. Equipped with the NP-R2 recital for true ballistic ranging and correction at 1/4 to full value at max range, at any power setting! Also has full optical correction on the first focal plane!

Steiner makes awesome glass for Bino's, but the Scopes have quite a bit of catching up to do to even come close to the others. The Leupold MK-4 Series would be cheaper for basically the same performance, and the Leupold's can be customized like the others if your willing to spend the money and the time to send/take it in for refitting!

As much as I want the desert tech I still cant justify the price. It may or may not happen even if the wifey approves...

But what would the purpose of this rifle be? At 11 lbs without accessories or scope, the DT SRS is way too heavy to be a practical hunting rifle. And as a tactical rifle, it would have a huge disadvantage going up against an enemy armed with semiauto rifles.

Have you looked at any high end AR rifles in 6.5mm Creedmoor? You could get an awesome rifle in 6,5mm Creedmoor from either JP Enterprises or Wilson Combat for around $3,300, and save yourself $1,500. And you would have a gun with standard 20 round mag compatibility, instead of just 10 round mags.

Or if you want a real value, trick out a Fulton Armory FAR-6.5 PVR with add-on options including a 24 inch Krieger Match barrel and a Geissele National Match trigger, and end up paying less than $2,500.

FAR-6.5 PVR*

Last Edited:
Can't decide which scope to get. I wanted the vortex because of the price and higher magnification but if its worth paying a lil more for a higher end scope I might consider it.

Steiner m5xi 5-25x56 t3 reticle
Schmidt & Bender pmII 5-25x56 h59 reticle
Us Optics b25 5-25x52 h59 reticle
Vortex hd genII 4.5-27x56 ebr2c recticle
NF atacr F1 5-25x56 t3 reticle

Schmidt & Bender is the standard the other manufactures are trying to meet, with S&B reducing their pricing recently it is a great option, although the H59 adds some $$, I recommend a PMII

Can't decide which scope to get. I wanted the vortex because of the price and higher magnification but if its worth paying a lil more for a higher end scope I might consider it.

Steiner m5xi 5-25x56 t3 reticle
Schmidt & Bender pmII 5-25x56 h59 reticle
Us Optics b25 5-25x52 h59 reticle
Vortex hd genII 4.5-27x56 ebr2c recticle
NF atacr F1 5-25x56 t3 reticle

Hands down get a Trijicon Accupoint. I own 3 of them in various magnification options, and they are hands down the best optics out there for AR-15 and AR-10 applications. Never need batteries and work in just about any lighting conditions.
You spend a lot of money on a rifle, and then you're going to spend just a few bucks on the optics you need to utilize it correctly?
Man take a lesson from my Grandfather: "Son, You NEVER quit paying for cheap."

I have extensive experience with all the top glass, and for my own hard earned coin, I choose Night Force! Optically, it is a dead match for U.S. Optics, and Schmidt & Bender, but I like the advantage of 1/8 MOA windage turrets for really dialing in on the wind values! I also like the internal lit recital with stadia in the top range and built in moa declination's all the way down to 2000 meters with out doping. This comes in VERY handy for ranging as well as maximizes the scopes internal adjustments for doping when needed with out having to use a - moa rail/mount. All this comes standard acrss the board with Night Force!

Not all Nightforce are 1/8 MOA windage turrets.

My choice was the Gen II Razor ( about 6 months ago) and I stand by that choice today. It is a truly amazing scope. I did a lot of research before hand and was really hoping that the ATACR would be my choice but most said, other than the weight issue, the Razor was hard to beat especially for the price. That being said, I am sure you will love the ATACR. :)

Last Edited:
My rifles are all bolt action, hunting rifles. My seven rifles scopes start at the low end with a Zeiss Conquest (for .22LR) and progress up through Zeiss HD5 to Zeiss Victory, or they are one of two, Leica ER4's. Over the past 50+ years, I have pwned many brands and types of scopes. These are the culmination of 50 years of hunting and shooting.

Watch this, it might help. I went with the Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP since I built my rifle for both hunting and precision target shooting; like many here I can't afford one for each discipline. Got it from Optics Planet for $782 when they had a 12% off coupon and couldn't be happier

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top