JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello,

I have a RSH in .454 Cassull with a 7.5" barrell. I've been thinking about getting a scope for it. I will probably still use it mostly for target shooting. But if I ever get good enough at shooting it. I may take it hunting one day. I don't really think I need that much magnification. I'd just something that feels crisper than the iron sights. Even at 25 yards it feels like they cover too much of the target.

It needs to be able to handle the recoil of Cassull loads. Be crisp and not vaste too much light. And also allow for a generous amount of eye relief, not be too bulky or weigh too much. And price is a factor to of course. Did I forget something?

Any 5 cents welcome!

Leupold EER 2x or 4x should do what you want. I had a 2x on a Ruger 357 Maximum several years ago. If I was looking for another handgun scope, that's where I would start.

Actually took my 454 redhawk out yesterday to sight in my newly bought scope. It is a nikon encore 2X20 fine plex. Great eye relief and seems strong enough for the 454 loads I put through it. Let me just say that it took me a while to get used to shooting a pistol with a scope on it, but over all I think the setup is far more accurate than ill ever be. Got consistant hits up to 100 yards by the end of the session.

I've been using the Leupold EER 2X for thirty plus years and a Burris 2X for about ten years. I've tried using a higher power, both variables and fixed 4X and found that I can't hold the revolver steady enough, the higher magnification really shows any movement. If you use a shooting stick it well help.

Burris on a .357 Super Mag
supermag01.jpg

Pair of Leupies.
PICT0003Medium-2.jpg
SRH01.jpg