JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I finally picked out my rifle.. cz-457 American in 17HMR. Now I need a scope. Looked at the 5 Best Scopes for 17 on Google.. but figured I'd get some real live input from you all. I'm planning on some plinking.. but, hope to get into whistle pigs/ground squirrels after I become more familiar with it.

Started looking at
Vortex 4-12x40 AO. Looked like a nice scope but two LGS I went to quit carrying them or don't think they are as good as other options. All in all it looked like a great scope.

BSA Sweet 17 was a choice by a few online/youtubers. Price is really good and it seems designed, optically, for the 17.

Hawke Vantage 4-12x40 also looks great. It has red/green illumination in the reticle and it is set up for 17 HMR. I would however, if available, find this scope better for me.. it if had a side turret for parallax in place of the lighted reticle.. rather than a front focus for parallax.

I've also looked at Nikon and a Leupold.. but find those above a bit more to my liking..

So, what are your choices.. any of the above or others.. considering it's specifically for the 17HMR and shooting distances at say 75-150 yards.??

I use the BSA sweet 17 6-18 on my .17 and .22mag have never had a problem with them shot many of sage rats with them. Sure they don't have the best glass but it's not the worst either but I hit what I'm aiming at with them.

We have Hawke optics on a few coyote rifles and find them to be very good, rugged, and clear. Priced right too. But personally, I like the thin reticle in my Leupold VX-II 3x9. Those little buggers look mighty small at 200 yards and the thin reticle is good. I had a Hawke on my .17 for a while and liked and used the BDC for long pokes. .17 HMR is a fun round. Good luck.

I had one of those bushnell 4-12 until someone broke into my place and stole it along with a 6.5x20 Leupold and other things. But that bushnell wasn't to bad I like a little bit more power.

I put the same Simmons 3-9 on mine that I have on my 10-22. Rated for .22 mag. It's cheap, holds zero, and no fuss. Think I paid 40 bucks. Not like most people realistically shoot 17hmr beyond 150-200 yards anyway.

Sorry, my post is now kinda long in the tooth and I never mentioned my outcome. I wound up getting a Hawke 4-16x50 with the IR.. I think it' a great scope for my purposes.. and the price is right for such a well made scope.. IMO.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top