JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I finally picked out my rifle.. cz-457 American in 17HMR. Now I need a scope. Looked at the 5 Best Scopes for 17 on Google.. but figured I'd get some real live input from you all. I'm planning on some plinking.. but, hope to get into whistle pigs/ground squirrels after I become more familiar with it.

Started looking at
Vortex 4-12x40 AO. Looked like a nice scope but two LGS I went to quit carrying them or don't think they are as good as other options. All in all it looked like a great scope.

BSA Sweet 17 was a choice by a few online/youtubers. Price is really good and it seems designed, optically, for the 17.

Hawke Vantage 4-12x40 also looks great. It has red/green illumination in the reticle and it is set up for 17 HMR. I would however, if available, find this scope better for me.. it if had a side turret for parallax in place of the lighted reticle.. rather than a front focus for parallax.

I've also looked at Nikon and a Leupold.. but find those above a bit more to my liking..

So, what are your choices.. any of the above or others.. considering it's specifically for the 17HMR and shooting distances at say 75-150 yards.??

I use the BSA sweet 17 6-18 on my .17 and .22mag have never had a problem with them shot many of sage rats with them. Sure they don't have the best glass but it's not the worst either but I hit what I'm aiming at with them.

We have Hawke optics on a few coyote rifles and find them to be very good, rugged, and clear. Priced right too. But personally, I like the thin reticle in my Leupold VX-II 3x9. Those little buggers look mighty small at 200 yards and the thin reticle is good. I had a Hawke on my .17 for a while and liked and used the BDC for long pokes. .17 HMR is a fun round. Good luck.

I had one of those bushnell 4-12 until someone broke into my place and stole it along with a 6.5x20 Leupold and other things. But that bushnell wasn't to bad I like a little bit more power.

I put the same Simmons 3-9 on mine that I have on my 10-22. Rated for .22 mag. It's cheap, holds zero, and no fuss. Think I paid 40 bucks. Not like most people realistically shoot 17hmr beyond 150-200 yards anyway.

Sorry, my post is now kinda long in the tooth and I never mentioned my outcome. I wound up getting a Hawke 4-16x50 with the IR.. I think it' a great scope for my purposes.. and the price is right for such a well made scope.. IMO.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top