JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My carry round is a 9mm Speer Gold Dot 124gr +P.

I plan on shooting IDPA, so I was thinking about picking up some Hornady 124gr. round nose bullets because my carry round is 124gr. However I'm not sure which bullet would be better for IDPA. The price of the 124gr is the same as the 115gr. If the 115gr. is better for competition I'll go ahead and get those instead since I'll mostly be plinking with them outside of any competition.

So, which round nose 9mm bullet is better for IDPA, 124gr or 115gr and why?

Thanks

First, make sure you meet the power factor requirement for IDPA. It is in the manual or online.

Then, it depends on what are your priorities for IDPA. Is it to train for more real life situations and get more experience under pressure? Or is it to win competitions and become awesome at IDPA? Both are legitimate and fine.

It just depends on what you want.

If you want to practices for real life situations, then I would say whichever round is closer to the round you normally carry. Force yourself to always use sometime similar so you are used to recoil, fatigue, and everything else.

If this is primarily for competition, then you want a good solid consistent light recoil round which will improve your shot placement and keep your target re-acquisition times down.

The round choice dialog can be extended to where you wear your holster, how you carry your spare mag, and lots of other things.

M

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads