JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Every time I read about Mosin's, all I can think about is that AK vs AR vs Mosin Nagant page from the 7.62x54r.net website.
It was a comparison of the 3 rifles in certain situations and it is absolutely hilarious.
sunbreak's comment about his Mosin's accuracy, "she's very accuracte and reliable w great range. ", reminded me of the accuracy comments from that page....

stuff you know if you have an AK
You are able to his the broadside of a barn from the inside

stuff you know if you have an AR
You are able to hit the broadside of a barn from 600 meters

stuff you know if you have a Mosin Nagant
You can hit the farm from two counties over.

...:s0140:

Every time I read about Mosin's, all I can think about is that AK vs AR vs Mosin Nagant page from the 7.62x54r.net website.
It was a comparison of the 3 rifles in certain situations and it is absolutely hilarious.
sunbreak's comment about his Mosin's accuracy, "she's very accuracte and reliable w great range. ", reminded me of the accuracy comments from that page....

stuff you know if you have an AK
You are able to his the broadside of a barn from the inside

stuff you know if you have an AR
You are able to hit the broadside of a barn from 600 meters

stuff you know if you have a Mosin Nagant
You can hit the farm from two counties over.

...:s0140:
hysterical but true -

Surely the 10-22. You can hump a lot of ammo if needing to move and if it's like mine with a aftermarket stock, barrel and scope you can take out targets quietly. My other would be my Ruger 30-06. Easily maintained, able to shoot as far as needed and has killed more living things on earth than well, anything.

I dont know which gun should you keep but can some tell me what kind of steak I should eat tonight, bake potato or fries and soup or salad.
I had some tri-tip the other night.
They must've been an inch and half thick.
Slammed it with the tenderizing hammer, then sprinkled on a little sea salt, pepper and garlic powder. Left it to marinade for a couple of hours.
Steamed some rice, cut up some green beans and steamed them separately (which became a butter saute', because I'm an idiot).
The meat was still a shade frosty, so I did 3 minutes over medium-medium high, then did the obligatory 2 minutes on the other side.
The whole thing was kinda last minute, so I let them set right on the plate for about 5 minutes.
Served with a mix of ketchup and Worcester sauce (best steak sauce EVER!).
Everything turned out great. :s0149: :s0155:

P.S. ...and getting back to the subject, I see some posts about .22 LR, but hardly ever about .22 Magnum. If .22 rimfire is the round of choice, wouldn't a .22 Mag be a more versatile choice?
More power makes the gun effective over a longer range and the same bullet would hit with more force within the same range (and then some).
.22 Mag also comes with a jacketed bullet, too.
Ammo weight can't be that much different, can it?
Certainly lighter than a box of '06's or a box of 12 ga. shells.
Gun weight would be the same.
Is .22 Mag cost SO prohibitive that it doesn't garner consideration?
I've never messed with .22 Mag, so I don't know. It just seems like it would be a more logical choice, from a survival standpoint, if .22 rimfire is your one and only round.

Dean

Last Edited:
1584585673844.png
20x20x5.56, 16x16x6.5, 12x12x7.62,...
If I hypothetically could afford one, that's what I'd keep :)

Last Edited:
DeanMKs Tri-tip wins. Thats what I am eating when bubblegum hits the fan.

First we need to start by asking what will happen when bubblegum hits the fan. Are you going to just hunt squirrels to give your family a taste of meat or are you going to keep the 20 people away from your things and family when they come in a group to take or worse. A good box feed magazine/drum .308 is what it will take (SCAR, AR, Galil, FAL and so on) this will give you good range and power to punch through flesh, wood and metal.

Most of us wont leave our houses so worrying about the weight of ammo is not important. Those of you city dweller trying to get out should pack the lightest .223 and 9mm carbine like an AR or Glock PDW conversion with a red dot and as much ammo as you can carry so any one in your family can shoot it with no problems of recoil.

The other thing that never comes up is night vision because everything happens in the dark, you leaving the city, people attacking your property and you having to attack will all happen at night. Spend as much on your night vision as you spend on your rifle.

As a man who owns no working rifles currently, honestly I would just run a 12ga. It will do any and everything you could want it to do within reason....as long as reason remains within 150yds or so

I'd squat, right here on our empire. What about the police/sheriff deputies, someone asked? Heck, they have homes and families of their own to protect. Don't 'spect they'll be visiting during any SHTF fracas going down.
Here, it would probably be like the "Sarona Alamo", I'd have more than one gun, maybe three I could get too quickly and my 12 gauge pump-gun with an eight round tube and several 30-round bandoliers filled with buckshot and sabot rounds.
To top things off I'd put a huge sign out front, "Under Quarantine" Occupants all have Covid-19, Toe Fungus, Hemorrhoids, Leprosy, Dandruff and Extremely Itchy Bungholes" We are out of food and toilet paper. Enter at Your Own Risk".

Only thing we'd be worth is one "hell-fire missile" and after that, who gives a RIP!

I guess it depends on your location and/or evac plan. I live in a suburban area so I don't see going out to 400-600 yds as realistic. So I would tend to lean towards 9mm pistol and corresponding AR-9 or AR-22 for 50 - 150 yd distances. Both rifles have calibers that should be easier to find/trade for. I think I prefer the AR-9 with Glock mags for dual use with the Glock pistol platforms.

Too bad .30 cal ammo is not more readily available or I could get some use from Grandfather's M1 carbine ;)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top