JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
RCBS
PRO 2000 AUTO INDEX ,will also transform to a manual index and back to auto index .... love mine.

Has the safest priming system out there. And full support with parts .

Will say discontinued but sportsman's has them on the shelves. Saw them at the albany stores. And bought mine at the salem store.
Thanks for the heads-up on the Pro 2000, a friend is looking for one.
Here's one on ebay:
FREE SHIP RCBS Pro2000 progressive press with extras part 88875 | eBay
:D

I think people blame machines for not preforming the way they want them to when they're misusing them. Gotta use them the way their intended for and keep them clean.

Extra long pipe cleaners from a hobby / crafts store worked great on primer tubes for the time I was having to load them.

No need for that now since I don't use them anymore, CANNED AIR also helps you when you have a powder mess... may get you thru to a point when ya can disassemble the shell plate for a real cleaning.

550 is also nice because conversions are getting a bit cheaper, although anymore unless you want to load oddball calibers on it you can do almost any common ones on a 650. You can add a casefeeder to the 550 but I've been told it's finicky and also makes conversions just as expensive as the 650.

I loved my 550. Had extra heads for fast change with no readjustments. Was able to control the process because of manual indexing. Plus, it gave my left hand something to do.:cool:

One more vote for the Dillon 550. I've never used a 650 but I didn't see the auto-index being worth the extra costs of the machine and caliber conversions. If you are near PDX and want to try a 550, PM me and we'll set up a date.

550 is also nice because conversions are getting a bit cheaper, although anymore unless you want to load oddball calibers on it you can do almost any common ones on a 650. You can add a casefeeder to the 550 but I've been told it's finicky and also makes conversions just as expensive as the 650.

It also adds time to caliber change overs.

One more vote for the Dillon 550. I've never used a 650 but I didn't see the auto-index being worth the extra costs of the machine and caliber conversions. If you are near PDX and want to try a 550, PM me and we'll set up a date.

That is a very generous offer; thank you. I will send you a PM and see if we can make something work. I am leaning toward the 650 just because I have a MEC Grabber which has the manual index for shotshells and have wished a few times for an auto index machine... not enough to buy one, but enough to wish for the auto index :)

Thanks again!

You are welcome!! The first time something goes astray and you want to back up the auto-indexing loses some of it's appeal. My Square Deal B has that "feature".
I'm curious, how many boxes per hour can you load on the Grabber??

It also adds time to caliber change overs.
Not if you get set up right. Like I said I had all the stuff needed to make it easy. Caliber changes weren't very hard or time consuming.
I bought extra tool heads so all I had to do was move the powder silo and pull 2 pins the change the head. Only other change was the primer feed if you we're changing small to big big to small.

Not if you get set up right. Like I said I had all the stuff needed to make it easy. Caliber changes weren't very hard or time consuming.
I bought extra tool heads so all I had to do was move the powder silo and pull 2 pins the change the head. Only other change was the primer feed if you we're changing small to big big to small.

I was only referring to the plate change on the case feeder.... say going from 45 to 9mm.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top