JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am in the process of selling my Glock 31c the biggest reason is because I don't want the full length any more. also the .357 sig is a hard and expensive caliber to find. I do have dies to reload it but I get kinda lazy and I like to shoot a lot so I end up buying more and more ammo. Now I am thinking of getting a .40 but am open to other ideas it will be my carry gun and I enjoy going to the range a couple times a week. So I am debating between Glock again, Springfield XD, Sig, or possibly HK. I know i will probably stir up a mess but which do you think is the best way to go.

I've got a Glock 23. Smaller than the 31 and more power than a 9mm. Holds 13 rounds. Recoil is a bit snappy, but probably similar to .357 Sig.

Other ones are nice too.

I suppose whether you get another Glock depends on how you like them.

what do you mean it is not as pleasant to shoot? i have owned .40 before a glock 26 and a sig 226 both in .40 and the .357 sig is way more powerfull with more recoil and more boom. but i am trying to get everyones opinion on the brands and the calibers. also i have a .44 mag and a .357 mag so i might consider a 9mm

Just my .02, but I think all the brands you posted are fine, just depends on what you prefer.

As for caliber, and based on what you said about wanting to shoot it a lot, but also carry it, I say 9mm. Ball ammunition from Wal Mart is about as inexpensive as you're going to find for plinking/target shooting and then you can stoke it up with good "personal defense" ammunition to carry in it and never feel under gunned.

As I'm a Glock guy, I'd recommend the G19 also. Great pistol (you already know that having had a Glock already). Small enough to conceal, but large enough to shoot comfortably on the range. Really a jack of all trades.

You should be able to by another barrell for your glock and turn it into a 40. Your mags will work.

jj

While that is a good recommendation, he also stated that he wanted something smaller than the full size Glock 31.

But if the OP wanted to know, the stock Glock 22 barrel will fit the 31. The only diff between a 31 with a .40 barrel and a 22 is the number on the slide.

what do you mean it is not as pleasant to shoot? i have owned .40 before a glock 26 and a sig 226 both in .40 and the .357 sig is way more powerfull with more recoil and more boom. but i am trying to get everyones opinion on the brands and the calibers. also i have a .44 mag and a .357 mag so i might consider a 9mm

Just my experience of my H&K 357sig vs .40SW Glock.
With decent .40SW ammo the recoil is sharper.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top