JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You have no choice about belonging to family, you do have a choice about which political organizations you join.

I choose to join and/or support those that I am most aligned with politically. I answered the question about which gun rights orgs I support, those that I don't and why.

I don't believe you needed to get personal with the veiled insults, but I suppose it is to be expected in a political thread. :rolleyes:

all I'm saying is that you don't always agree with anyone or org. about everything, also with family you do have a choice there is a thread about just that thing.

Well folks, I think we can all agree that our Second Amendment rights are very important to us. How we go about supporting that fight can be a somewhat personal thing I suppose. But the important part is that we all do something, even if it's no more than supporting you local gun shop or getting a concealed carry license. I mean, politicians do look at how many of their constituents have/get them.

Anyhow, I never meant for this to get people upset with each other and I sincerely apologize for that.

Mike

Well folks, I think we can all agree that our Second Amendment rights are very important to us. How we go about supporting that fight can be a somewhat personal thing I suppose. But the important part is that we all do something, even if it's no more than supporting you local gun shop or getting a concealed carry license. I mean, politicians do look at how many of their constituents have/get them.

Anyhow, I never meant for this to get people upset with each other and I sincerely apologize for that.

Mike

All you did was ask a question. Talking about our 2nd amendment rights is a very passionate issue for many folks, it's easy to get on edge from time to time. Some folks just get upset easily - that doesn't mean the discussion shouldn't be had :)

[Anyhow, I never meant for this to get people upset with each other and I sincerely apologize for that.

Mike[/QUOTE]

Mike
Never apologize for honest debate. Once a subject is broached, direction the thread takes is not your problem. If some can't handle it, that's their problem. Excessive passion may inhibit open-mindedness in some. Those with a slick tongue and no facts will shout, over talk, belittle or otherwise try to bully people into submission or silence. Best to ignore or just walk away when you witness those flawed traits as they have no constructive value. Silence and lack of involvement by a majority of good people in my opine, has precipitated what I consider the fall of America and allowed the radical minority to engage in malice and subterfuge.
Keep asking questions. I would rather watch a thread disintegrate into a pack of hyenas than not have the question asked and discussed. I personally have learned a lot from these threads and a few times (albeit very few) even changed my antiquated opinion or at least. caused me to rethink.

Not a plus, when one of your favorites wins, at the cost of another.

NRA and Sierra Club?

Right to shoot but prohibited from place to shoot.

Here's why it's a plus.

Let's say there are 4 million NRA members, each and every one a huge proponent of the Second Amendment and the Right to Keep and Bear Arms(RKBA). That's dues and support of 4 million members, an enormously powerful lobby to enact on our behalf.

Now let's say that of the 4 million we can further differentiate among the membership as follows:

1 million are Pro-Lifers, for whom anti-abortion is an important cause.

1.5 million are Democrats, for whom the First Amendment must be reined in (they suppress free speech and freedom of the press with phony claims of "hate speech", "racism", etc.).

0.5 million are Anarchists, who want no government at all.

Yet all 4.0 million are in favor of RKBA.

What if the NRA were to take on additional causes, such as pro-abortion? The 1 million anti-abortion leave the NRA because they don't want to support pro-abortion. What if the NRA comes out as a proponent of the First Amendment? The Democrats leave in droves because they only want speech and press allowed that agree with them; there goes another 1.5 million NRA members. Now the NRA comes out against Anarchy, and the 0.5 members who are anarchists leave the NRA.

The NRA is now down to one million members out of the original four million. Their influence and power is greatly diminished.

If you want to be pro-abortion or pro-First Amendment or pro anarchy, join another organization in addition to the NRA. Don't diminish the NRA by diluting its message.

Last Edited:
If you have to chose only one organization to support, I would say you made the right choice with the NRA. They are the most powerful and influencial.

But if enough of us continue to support (with time and efforts, and money) the other groups, they can gain power too. I think SAF would be my second choice.

So, I joined up, life member, emails and all

Thank you. Don't worry about the solicitations. I get a lot of offers to renew my membership, even though I just did renew my membership. A very small additional price to pay for all the work they do for us. No big deal to throw the solicitations away, and I'm certainly not going to use it as a phony excuse to not be a member.

I've been an NRA member for ages, there have been times when I didn't agree with something, but they carry the big stick in DC.

I belong to a few other organizations, but I may let the NAGR go by the way side.
I've caught Dudley twice now spreading untrue rumors about one of our state senators. I contacted Dudley after the first one and received no response. Then four or five months later, they/he started the same crap again.

I've been an NRA member for ages, there have been times when I didn't agree with something, but they carry the big stick in DC.

I belong to a few other organizations, but I may let the NAGR go by the way side.
I've caught Dudley twice now spreading untrue rumors about one of our state senators. I contacted Dudley after the first one and received no response. Then four or five months later, they/he started the same crap again.

NAGR has a terrible reputation these days. Please don't renew.

I think that the important thing is to belong to one or more of the various state & national gun rights groups. They all are effective in different ways. Some are more effective than others due to more $$$.

I belong to
CCRKBA
SAF
NRA - Life Member
GOA
and I did belong to OFF even though I'm a WA resident.

SAF is a VERY good organization to get things done through the courts.
NRA is the biggest
GOA is very passionate

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top