JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think you would be happier w/ a quality .22 LR AR Upper. I have a Tactitcal Solutions AR22 M4 upper that I picked up for $400 w/ 2 mags at the last PDX show. You can pick up a complete lower for around $200 if you hunt around and/or build one yourself. For less than $200 more than the very "toy like" plastic fantastic Smith M&P15-22 & $100 less than the zinc potmetal airsoft quality "Colt" M4 22, and have a real AR15 that can grow with your needs and/or wants later (5.56 upper, 6.8 upper, Gas Piston upper, etc.).

As a former HK nut, the GSG is "not" an HK in quality or operation. It is an airsoft rifle made of cast potmetal (zinc) that looks like a 22 LR HK94 or SP89. The darn things are made by screwing two cast zinc halves together around a thin metal bbl and action. I had a german made Sauer SAA in .22 LR as a boy that was made of with a zinc casting. Once a zinc casting starts to wear it will look cheap and if you ever drop it on a hard surface, zinc castings can & will break and are not be easily repaired.

10/22s are great rifles and are cheap to get into (less than $200 at Bi-Mart). However, once you pimp one out with AR type stocks & assys, you are pushing the cost north of $500. Just take a look at Ruger's new SR22; only my wife & her girlfriends would think it actually looks like a AR15. Reliable - sure, accurate - sure, butt fugly - yup.

Indeed, a real AR built for .22 is the way to go IMHO. You can pimp it out as much as your heart desires and if you want to someday turn it into a 5.56 AR you can do that too.

You can even put a folding stock on it since the recoil mechanism is located in the upper :D

3526831739_9f438e6321.jpg

3527644420_1f0fa11e61.jpg

It is not a match 10-22, but it is pretty accurate (1 -3" @ 25 yds). The quality is outstanding on the upper, however you will need to replace the notched trigger on your lower ($20). I mounted the upper on my new LMT lower w/ SopMod stock. I looked at three .22 LR uppers at the last show:

1) Spikes ($500); quality piece, but it didn't come w/ a mag and I didn't like the big white lettering on the side of the receiver.

2) Velocity Arms ($375); plastic upper and made by a division of Hesse Arms. I researched .22 lR uppers before going to the show & found that they are made by Hesse and did not get good reviews.

AR15.com Review:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=15&t=466980

3) Tactical Solutions ($400); simular quality to Spikes but cheaper and comes w/ a Black Dog high capacity magazine. It also did not have that gaudy writing on the side of the receiver.

I've had problems with the Colt/Umarex. None with the S&W.
Unfortunately I'm stuck with a Colt I got in used, sold, had problems, replaced with a S&W to make customer happy.

Anybody want to buy the Colt? It just blows powder and particles in your face everytime you shoot it.
It comes with two mags. though!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads