JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok, I want to get another gun. I can only get one of these. I like both, and I have a 1911, but I love the P6. Also, if I get the P6, I can pick up cheap 9mm ammo and have a gun to shoot it with. But another 1911 would be sweet, and my wife actually likes the 1911 platform. So what would you guys do?

Whichaka was agains the RAI 1911 beacuse all the parts aren't steel..
or something along those lines, since it is probably the only one I will ever be able to afford I vote RAI 1911!

Love your 1911 BTW! I am shooting it more next time PLZ!!!

You guys aren't making this any easier. I guess which ever one I find the quickest I will get. I was all set on getting one from coctailer, but it seems everyone is sold out of these, and I don't want to wait or my money will become appropriated by my wife... I am leaning more towards the P6, though. The prices on both these guns keeps going up, there are guys with the RIA's who want $425 for them locally, and some people are actually selling the P6's for around the $450 mark (crazy when you can get a brand new sig p2022 for the same price). I could order one online, I think I'll give it until wednesday before I order a P6 from aimsurplus or something like that.. who has the best deals on them with shipping/ffl fees included?

You can shoot the 1911 all you want, sweetbeard.

I love my RIA 1911 great trigger accurate feeds my semiwadcutter reloads and anything else you put in the mag without a hiccup. It IS steel ,just not machined from a hunk of steel but cast steel is still steel, Your going to be way up in bucks to get one that is all machined if there is one still available on the market Or buy an old one with all original parts. I had a guy at a match explain to me why mine that was functioning perfectly was junk, while defending his 2000 buck jam-o-matic. I got quiet a laught out of that when i asked which he would rather be carring when he needed a gun.

Both are good guns, the P6/P225 is a great 9mm, accurate, easy to handle and inexpensive to shoot. The Rock Island Arms 45 semi-auto is as good as any standard M1 design on the market and has the advantage of being a fight stopper even with ball ammo if appropriately applied. If you are looking for something that is close to a tack driver buy the SIG. If you are looking for something that can do duel duty as a fight stopper and a plinker that is accurate enough, buy the RIA. There is no perfect hand gun, but the 1911 comes as close as is possible in my honest opinion.
G.R.

The Rock Island Arms 45 semi-auto is as good as any standard M1 design on the market.........

I would disagree that the RIA is as you put it........"as good as any standard M1 design on the market".

I will agree that they are as good as any low end 1911 on the market. You get what you pay for.........

I would be getting the 1911 as an extra gun, not a solitary self defense gun. More of a range gun. I have read a ton of reviews on it, and it seems to be a somewhat decent gun. I would love to get something better, but financial restraints prohibit that right now. I understand I would be getting a bottom of the barrel 1911. Since the Sig seems to be a better quality option, and for other reasons, I am thinking that is the path I will choose. I just love the 1911 platform, and would love to have another one. Well see. I'll make my decision by Wednesday, if I cant find one for sale locally for a decent price I will order one online.

I own 3 1911s. A USGI WW1, a Springfield Mil-Spec with stainless frame, and an RIA Commander model.

The RIA is actually more accurate even with the shorter barrel, than my other 1911s; not that the other guns are bad, but the RIA with the bushingless trumphet barrel is exceptionally accurate. The RIA has a lifetime "no B.S." warranty. Customer service is second to none-so I'd not say they are bottom of the barrel.

As for the P6....CDNN has a fixed $10 shipping; 99E Loan and Gun does the FFL transfer for $15 plus $10 background check.....

Plus one with margana. :s0155:
The guns are accurate, they load anything you put in them and they go bang every time you pull the trigger! The pistol does everything a gun is supposed to do, everything else is just glitter and adds nothing more to the pistol than expense in my opinion.
G.R.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top